Good/Interesting film breakdown of Tremaine Edmunds By Chris Cooley

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m a little worried tbh... He’s a freak athletically but he’s raw. Like the Josh Allen of LBs. Still excited though. 

Yeah, the video starts with his flaws. By the end the guy is saying he could be the defensive player of the year, a better Keuchley and a 1st ballot HOFer. That’s a guy hedging. 

FWIW, he’s way too athletic to be a bust. The worst case is a good coverage LB.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, the video starts with his flaws. By the end the guy is saying he could be the defensive player of the year, a better Keuchley and a 1st ballot HOFer. That’s a guy hedging. 

FWIW, he’s way too athletic to be a bust. The worst case is a good coverage LB.

The vid was really good. I felt like the guy was pretty high on him and didn’t think he would be a bust, but just really needs some good coaching. If McDermott traded up for him when he could have had one of the safer guys at 22 I think he’s confident he can give him the coaching he needs. The part where he’s covering WRs in the slot was great. He will match up with Gronk and play 3 downs. 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The vid was really good. I felt like the guy was pretty high on him and didn’t think he would be a bust, but just really needs some good coaching. If McDermott traded up for him when he could have had one of the safer guys at 22 I think he’s confident he can give him the coaching he needs. The part where he’s covering WRs in the slot was great. He will match up with Gronk and play 3 downs. 

One thing I do have faith in on this team? McDermott and the defensive coaching staff. They are going to throw a lot at him between now and September. They are going to push him harder than he's ever been pushed and coach him harder than he's ever been coached. I expect big things from Edmunds, even this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m a little worried tbh... He’s a freak athletically but he’s raw. Like the Josh Allen of LBs. Still excited though. 

He has McDermott to coach him and he's coached a great LB in Keuchly.  He also has a good amount of veterans around him that will help him.  I'm not too worried. As long as he stays focus, I think he will be special.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/27/2018 at 8:34 PM, DocLawless said:

Just wanted to share a film breakdown of Tremaine Edmunds that I enjoyed. Excited about this kid! 

https://player.fm/series/redskins-media-the-team-980/ep-04-24-18-cooley-film-breakdown-lbs-smith-edmunds

Nice breakdown . I love this kid he reminds me of Julian Peterson who was btw a excellent player. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Am I being greedy in thinking Harrison can turn into one of those core guys as well?

Probably. In all likelihood, he will not be as good as Kyle Williams. But that's a lofty standard and is asking too much from a 3rd round pick. What I think Phillips can be is a very solid player and a core locker room guy. So he may not be a core play maker on defense but he could still be a core leader in the locker room with his steady play and high character. 

44 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

Probably. In all likelihood, he will not be as good as Kyle Williams. But that's a lofty standard and is asking too much from a 3rd round pick. What I think Phillips can be is a very solid player and a core locker room guy. So he may not be a core play maker on defense but he could still be a core leader in the locker room with his steady play and high character. 

Kyle was a fifth round pick.  It does not mean they will have the same career, but this kid does seem to share many of the same characteristics as a player and a person, so it is certainly possible.  It will be fun to watch his development this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MDFan said:

Kyle was a fifth round pick.  It does not mean they will have the same career, but this kid does seem to share many of the same characteristics as a player and a person, so it is certainly possible.  It will be fun to watch his development this year.  

Kyle is a gleaming example of how flawed the draft process is at identifying NFL players.   Productive in college, crazy athletic, could have probably played MLB if he was inclined.  Football IQ very high.   How the heck was Kyle a 5th round pick?