Bills project 1st round picks have bad luck

Allen is not the guy. Rosen needs to rid himself of the me centered attitude.

Baker Mayfield was/is worth moving up for, but we missed an opportunity. Hopefully AJ stays healthy, and Nathan Peterman is ready if and when needed.

50 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I didn't draft Allen, don't take it out on me. It's the worst draft pick in Bills history because of what they passed on. 

Ryan Leaf was the Josh Allen type prospect. Big strong QB. Peyton was the methodical high football IQ guy. 

Ryan Leaf was a complete head case.  Allen is not.  Stop with the nonsense.

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I didn't draft Allen, don't take it out on me. It's the worst draft pick in Bills history because of what they passed on. 

Ryan Leaf was the Josh Allen type prospect. Big strong QB. Peyton was the methodical high football IQ guy. 

Pretty sure Allen has a high football IQ. He apparently blew interviewers away on the white board and had the highest wonderlic score in the draft, higher than Rosen.

I don't think it is a question of smarts or understanding the game with him. It's all throwing and footwork mechanics, and his supporting cast (he had no talent around him in college).

I wanted Rosen too, but I also give Beane the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, and I'll do the same for Allen. I'd rather see a single snap in the pros before writing him off as a terrible draft pick.

1 hour ago, dickleyjones said:

that's your opinion. you know what they say about those...

The soft and poor tackler thing was in 3Ds scouting report- I didn’t make any of those up...

but it I guess it was some one else’s opinion. Although if your paid for that opinion it makes it an ‘analysis’ in my view

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The soft and poor tackler thing was in 3Ds scouting report- I didn’t make any of those up...

but it I guess it was some one else’s opinion. Although if your paid for that opinion it makes it an ‘analysis’ in my view

sorry, didn't mean to quote you. meant for thetruth

2 hours ago, MTBill said:

How many of the previous projects worked with this coaching staff?

Every one of these QBs have skills and weaknesses.  We'll see how this works out.  I am super excited that we did not get Rosen.  He is Ryan Leaf 2.0 from what I can see.

Right, b/c our DC of a head coach has shown real acumen at the offensive side of the ball to date.

:rolleyes:

I think this clearly shows we should stop drafting QBs....

Oh wait.......

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Right, b/c our DC of a head coach has shown real acumen at the offensive side of the ball to date.

:rolleyes:

Has been here all of ONE season

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Umn....the ONLY thing that equates Ryan Leaf to Josh Allen is that they are both freak large QBs

Josh Allen is the hard working type.....the guy that sent 1000 letters trying to get a scholarship....the pull his own ass up type.....

He is not Ryan Leaf in the ticker

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

Where is the Wyoming - Oregon game when you need it? 9 of 24 for 64 yards in a pick. That's what he did against a good defense and not the lame conference teams he was playing.

I’m as concerned as anyone, but at least in the senior bowl their was a more level playing field in terms of team talent. Be fair. I’m not trying to be all rainbows and unicorns, but I won’t go all Eyore either. Some people just have an agenda and want to hate. Am I worried? Yes. Will I give it a chance? Absolutely. 

3 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

JP Losman was supposed to get a full year to learn behind Bledsoe, ends up breaking his leg in practice because Troy Vincent wanted to teach him a lesson. Doesn't practice most of his rookie season. 

EJ Manuel is supposed to sit and learn 1-2 years but Kevin Kolb slips on a mat in training camp. Then returns later in preseason and immediately gets a concussion ending his career. 

Here we are again, Josh Allen is supposed to sit and learn. What is going to happen? This is like final destination. Someway Allen's rookie season will not go as planned. 

Allen is not a project QB. He was considered by many the Best QB with the most upside In this draft. Your flat out wrong. He will be everything and more and flat out be the guy and the franchise QB we have ever hoped for. 

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m as concerned as anyone, but at least in the senior bowl their was a more level playing field in terms of team talent. Be fair. I’m not trying to be all rainbows and unicorns, but I won’t go all Eyore either. Some people just have an agenda and want to hate. Am I worried? Yes. Will I give it a chance? Absolutely. 

At the end of the day I'm with you. I'm just really, really disappointed about last night. I'm tired of our history of strong-armed quarterbacks with high ceilings who can't process. Rob Johnson, JP losman, EJ Manuel, I just wish for once we get a guy who can actually read a defense, make a protection call, and throw from the pocket accurately. Instead we got another project with a high ceiling. I mean I hope the guy is good, I'll eat crow with relish if it does happen. I just wish for once we had a guy that could play from the get-go.

5 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

At the end of the day I'm with you. I'm just really, really disappointed about last night. I'm tired of our history of strong-armed quarterbacks with high ceilings who can't process. Rob Johnson, JP losman, EJ Manuel, I just wish for once we get a guy who can actually read a defense, make a protection call, and throw from the pocket accurately. Instead we got another project with a high ceiling. I mean I hope the guy is good, I'll eat crow with relish if it does happen. I just wish for once we had a guy that could play from the get-go.

I totally get it.......