None of the 5 QB's taken in the 1st round will start this year.

D521646

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think they'll need to earn the job in training camp, but IMO it's very likely that Darnold and Rosen start, and that Mayfield comes in partway through the season (possibly after Hue Jackson gets fired)

Allen may start partway through the season, but if so it will possibly be because McCarron is struggling and the coaches are desperate, not because he's ready :(

But I'd like to be surprised

moderator now eh, who did you take over for ?

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Mayfield will start

He could.  I'm not sure he will.  I think it's likely before the end of the season.  I wouldn't be sure that Darnold won't start by the end of the year.  It's not that McCown did't play well last season or won't this year, but he is 39 years old.  The odds aren't great that 39 year old QBs not named Tome Brady can get through a season without injury.

There were folks on this board comparing this draft favorably to the draft of 1983.  And how this class ultimately stacks up still remains to be seen.

But so far, 1983 is still the gold standard with 6 QBs picked in the first round (in the first 27 picks if I recall correctly).

I hope, though, this class produces at least one HOFer and SB winner.

I would say it is possible that Allen starts, despite everyone saying he is a 1 or 2 year project.

It is quite possible AJ #$*& the bed in pre-season and Allen impresses and we go with Allen for Game 1.

I've seen crazier things.

I think Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold all start games this year for one reason or another and Jackson is on the field for specific packages. 

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

NO WAY Allen starts the season.....that would be a football miracle.  He will ride the pine for a few games and learn......not saying AJ is football Jesus but he certainly has some knowledge to pass on and he as one person said - "ain't giving that job up without a fight"

With the offensive line as bad as it looks right now I hope Allen gets to sit til they can get it fixed. Sucks for AJ cause it won't be easy to look good behind that line with those receivers. Plenty of time before the season to add a couple parts and shuffle the deck, but not much money to work with.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm hoping Allen sits for a year. Unless he tears it up then never mind :D

11 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Wonder how Tyrod feels about that?

He won't be happy about it but will support the coaches decision and will trust the process ;)

14 hours ago, D521646 said:

Seriously, does anyone believe that any of these guys, barring injury will win the day one starting job this year?  I sure as hell don't.

Which begs the question:  Why were 5 QB's taken in the first round.. LOL

Tim-

Yeah, right, OK Tim