Instead of Allen and Rosen comparisons it should be

Bills365

Everyone will compare Rosen to Allen for years to come whether good or bad. But the reality is it should be comparing Allen and Mahomes or Allen and Watson long term. I know Beane wasn't there yet. Mcdermont was though.The bills passed on two qbs and got a great corner  and picks with the intentions of building draft capital for this class. 

Looking at the big picture as far as picks and players the combo of White ,Edmunds, and Allen compared to Mahomes/Watson and 21st pick . That is gonna be the point we all look back on and decide if we made the right choices.When all is said and done we could have hit and be set for the next decade on three very important positions.  

Time will tell but the bills made a decision and picked one of the top four of this class like they set out to do last year. Not necessarily the choice I would have made but i am glad they knew who they wanted and did it. Whether that group of players ends up better then what we could have had last year and with this years pick who knows.

I get what you are saying but you know, I think this is a time to look forward with hope and not the time to ponder how and when to immerse ourselves in the past and wallow in thoughts of how it all went wrong. There will be time and reason enough in the future to be miserable, goodness knows. Can we spend a day or two looking forward and not backward? Can we celebrate just a little about the highest drafted Buffalo QB in team history coming to town?

23 minutes ago, Bills365 said:

Everyone will compare Rosen to Allen for years to come whether good or bad. But the reality is it should be comparing Allen and Mahomes or Allen and Watson long term. I know Beane wasn't there yet. Mcdermont was though.The bills passed on two qbs and got a great corner  and picks with the intentions of building draft capital for this class. 

Looking at the big picture as far as picks and players the combo of White ,Edmunds, and Allen compared to Mahomes/Watson and 21st pick . That is gonna be the point we all look back on and decide if we made the right choices.When all is said and done we could have hit and be set for the next decade on three very important positions.  

Time will tell but the bills made a decision and picked one of the top four of this class like they set out to do last year. Not necessarily the choice I would have made but i am glad they knew who they wanted and did it. Whether that group of players ends up better then what we could have had last year and with this years pick who knows.

Agreed. Who knows is right. Go Bills.

17 minutes ago, Mickey said:

I get what you are saying but you know, I think this is a time to look forward with hope and not the time to ponder how and when to immerse ourselves in the past and wallow in thoughts of how it all went wrong. There will be time and reason enough in the future to be miserable, goodness knows. Can we spend a day or two looking forward and not backward? Can we celebrate just a little about the highest drafted Buffalo QB in team history coming to town?

I agree with you 100% . Just seeing so much madness today about Rosen.

39 minutes ago, Bills365 said:

I get what you're saying, but honestly, all that really matters is if Allen winds up being good.  I think most NFL fans/pundits outside of WNY in the 80s and 90s would've put Marino ahead of Kelly, but no one ever criticized the Bills for taking Kelly over Marino, because Kelly was really good.  If Allen winds up a clear franchise QB, then the pick/trade-up was a success, even if Watson or Rosen or Mahomes winds up even better.

I'm trying to move past the Rosen thing, because it's over now, and he's not a Bill.  Being right won't make me any happier, so why drive myself crazy about it?

2 hours ago, Bills365 said:

I agree with you 100% . Just seeing so much madness today about Rosen.

Folks gotta vent. The more hope that is wrapped up in one outcome, the deeper the trauma when a different outcome occurs. I know I would have needed emergency mental health treatment, or lots of vodka, to calm down if they drafted Mason Rudolph.