Fan Reaction to the Allen Pick in the New Era Field House

12 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I'm sure that of the 'Big Four' (Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, & Allen), Allen wouldn't have been the first choice of "most" Bills fans...but whether the Bills had chosen Allen or any of the other three, there would have been a segment of the fan base that was going to be pissed at the selection regardless. That's the nature of today's hot take interwebs. I, for one, admit to being crestfallen when they chose Allen over Rosen but I quickly moved on and hope that the organization got the right guy. As fans, that's all we can do whether or not we agree with the team's choices. Go Josh Allen and GO BILLS!!!

I agree with you. I was a bit shocked at first, thinking the pick was going to be Rosen. I quickly moved on also with the same thoughts. Beane seems to know what he's doing so far and I'm going to trust that he knows better than I do. I sure hope we finally got the franchise quarterback the city deserves.

Edited by first_and_ten
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

I love it. If I was Allen I would watch that video every day to keep me grounded and working hard for the City of Buffalo. Great motivation tool 

I would ignore it if I was him, and pretend the city stands behind me. More power in unity than division. 

43 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m going to sound like a condescending ***hole here but I’m going to say it anyways. 95% of the people in that Field House haven’t seen these guys play. WNY doesn’t follow college football and doesn’t really know the game. They formulated their opinions over the last handful of months based on Schopp and the Bulldog, Jeremy White, Mel Kiper, etc...It is different around here when someone like Gunner is upset. He has studied these guys inside and out and formed an opinion. Bandit did the same and had a different take. Those people whining in the Fieldhouse over the Bills taking 1 guy that they have never seen over another guy that they have never seen pisses me off. The 5 minutes of YouTube highlights that they watched don’t classify them as knowledgeable!! Sorry for the rant and thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

I wish I had more upvotes to give this.

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

So one guy yells WHYYY and you think it deserves a thread? Makes me really want Allen to succeed just to see you humbled. 

Dont you know that the Bills should draft the player the fans like the most?  It's the key to success. 

Marv levi always said when you start listeing to the fans you end up on the unemployment line or fired. This tells me Bean and company did their Job. Bean signaled the whole off season what he was looking for In a QB then he proceeded to take that exact QB he described. He also traded up for him and would have done so at 4 and 5. So there is no Mystery here what so ever. He called his shot then he took his shot. Now your going to get mad a bean for doing it. Just because Besn did not take the QB you wanted does not mean he did not pick the right QB. Get over your selves and start getting behind our New franchise QB. 

1 minute ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Marv levi always said when you start listeing to the fans you end up on the unemployment line or fired. This tells me Bean and company did their Job. Bean signaled the whole off season what he was looking for In a QB then he proceeded to take that exact QB he described. He also traded up for him and would have done so at 4 and 5. So there is no Mystery here what so ever. He called his shot then he took his shot. Now your going to get mad a bean for doing it. Just because Besn did not take the QB you wanted does not mean he did not pick the right QB. Get over your selves and start getting behind our New franchise QB. 

Good thing they didn't take Mason Rudolph. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Our O-line is in shambles and we gave up two 2nds to move up 5 spots for Allen and the Cards only gave up a 3rd and 5th to move up 5 spots for Rosen I say Cards got a way better deal!

O-line is a problem.  As for the pick, we had competition to move up to 7 (likely the Cards) and Beane was dead-set on Allen so he didn't want to risk losing him.  That's why we paid so much.

I didn't want Allen either, but...In fairness, I bet lots of Bills fans rejoiced at some of the AWFUL picks we have made over the years. I know I did. And as others have said, I GUARANTEE that 90% of those people have never seen Josh Allen throw a football.

Time will tell, and I wanted any QB but Allen, but....he's a Bill now. Let's give him a chance.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Haha that was great...everyone just looking around to see if other people are as miserable as they were :lol:

i asked my my wife why drafting a QB always has to be such a painful experience for Bills fans... it is supposed to be a celebrated time but it always seems like a funeral for us...why don’t we get to enjoy it like other teams?

Great point. I wish Allen the best of luck. Sadly, I’m not able to become remotely enthusiastic about this. I’m not in an uproar about it today, but I’m very indifferent. It feels too much like a Bills moment. 

2 hours ago, Sweats said:

It looks like mass confusion after the pick was announced...........nobody knows whether to cheer or grab their torches and pitchforks.

LOL

That’s why I have a ton of respect for the Browns fan who knew the cameras were on him and took off his jersey and threw it on the ground. I believe it was for the Mayfield pick.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I wanted to see them pick a guy who has innately demonstrated the critical traits of throwing with timing, anticipation, accuracy, and touch that are predictors of success at the NFL level.

You can't draft players who are already on the roster of an NFL team.

4 hours ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Our O-line is in shambles and we gave up two 2nds to move up 5 spots for Allen and the Cards only gave up a 3rd and 5th to move up 5 spots for Rosen I say Cards got a way better deal!

See, now if you had a basic understanding of how draft trades work.

You would know and understand  that it takes MORE draft capital to move into

the 7 spot. And it takes a lot less draft capital to move into the 10 spot. 

Regardless if both moves are only 5 spots up.

But carry on.the humor, and misinformation today is outstanding 

4 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

I love it. If I was Allen I would watch that video every day to keep me grounded and working hard for the City of Buffalo. Great motivation tool 

I would think it would help him out more to watch game film with that time.

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I'm still not over this selection. I still don't understand the pick. Makes no sense. 

You and me both, but It Is What It Is.  Hoping that Allen is everything Jordan Palmer proclaims him and that TheBandit and Metzelaars Lives are right about his accuracy.

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

To see the crowd go from excited to shocked/defeated between the words Josh and Allen was interesting.

I'm pretty sure the same change in expression played out in my living room.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Commonsense said:

So one guy yells WHYYY and you think it deserves a thread? Makes me really want Allen to succeed just to see you humbled. 

Well, it is on Twitter so...there you go.  Copy and paste.

Does that guy have a job?