Fan Reaction to the Allen Pick in the New Era Field House

I’m going to sound like a condescending ***hole here but I’m going to say it anyways. 95% of the people in that Field House haven’t seen these guys play. WNY doesn’t follow college football and doesn’t really know the game. They formulated their opinions over the last handful of months based on Schopp and the Bulldog, Jeremy White, Mel Kiper, etc...It is different around here when someone like Gunner is upset. He has studied these guys inside and out and formed an opinion. Bandit did the same and had a different take. Those people whining in the Fieldhouse over the Bills taking 1 guy that they have never seen over another guy that they have never seen pisses me off. The 5 minutes of YouTube highlights that they watched don’t classify them as knowledgeable!! Sorry for the rant and thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

18 minutes ago, zevo said:

Lol...most fans have no clue and are just force fed info from the media...ie wgr etc....they take what they are told as gospel and think anything else is wrong....most of these people have never seen Allen play....

Ha ha, I am just reading this now. Well said!!

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m going to sound like a condescending ***hole here but I’m going to say it anyways. 95% of the people in that Field House haven’t seen these guys play. WNY doesn’t follow college football and don’t really know the game. They formulated their opinions over the last handful of months based on Schopp and the Bulldog, Jeremy White, Mel Kiper, etc...It is different around here when someone like Gunner is upset. He has studied these guys inside and out and formed an opinion. Bandit did the same and had a different take. Those people whining in the Fieldhouse over the Bills taking 1 guy that they have never seen over another guy that they have never seen pisses me off. The 5 minutes of YouTube highlights that they watched don’t classify them as knowledgeable!! Sorry for the rant and thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Couldn't agree more.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, KellyToTasker said:

And if they don't pretend to like it, then what? Banned from the stadium? Can't renew season tickets? Are they kicked out of the Draft Day event? 

Yeah, something like that :D

Edited by JaCrispy

26 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

So one guy yells WHYYY and you think it deserves a thread? Makes me really want Allen to succeed just to see you humbled. 

It wasn't just one guy. That was a pretty muted reaction. I wss surprised, I thought it was going to be a video of people cheering regardless.

I was at a downtown BUF establishment and I'd say the reaction was the same. I'm guilty of this: I facepalmed and groaned in agony when the Commish said ...Allen. I'll admit , I only watched him play in two games and I wasn't impressed. Maybe I just saw two of his worst games, I don't know. After years of disappointment I wanted to see the FO make the safer pick here. 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m going to sound like a condescending ***hole here but I’m going to say it anyways. 95% of the people in that Field House haven’t seen these guys play. WNY doesn’t follow college football and doesn’t really know the game. They formulated their opinions over the last handful of months based on Schopp and the Bulldog, Jeremy White, Mel Kiper, etc...It is different around here when someone like Gunner is upset. He has studied these guys inside and out and formed an opinion. Bandit did the same and had a different take. Those people whining in the Fieldhouse over the Bills taking 1 guy that they have never seen over another guy that they have never seen pisses me off. The 5 minutes of YouTube highlights that they watched don’t classify them as knowledgeable!! Sorry for the rant and thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Exactly

21 minutes ago, zevo said:

Lol...most fans have no clue and are just force fed info from the media...ie wgr etc....they take what they are told as gospel and think anything else is wrong....most of these people have never seen Allen play....

No they have. It's not hard to YouTube it. But I guess you're probably smarter than everyone else. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

No they have. It's not hard to YouTube it. But I guess you're probably smarter than everyone else. 

I’m sorry you missed the point..ill try harder next time

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

I don't know which of the QBs drafted will make it or not, but this video gives me a great deal of confidence that Allen has a good shot. 

If the idiots agree it's bad then it's probably good.

This is the way I’ve started to feel...makes me more and more confident in the pick

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

I was at a downtown BUF establishment and I'd say the reaction was the same. I'm guilty of this: I facepalmed and groaned in agony when the Commish said ...Allen. I'll admit , I only watched him play in two games and I wasn't impressed. Maybe I just saw two of his worst games, I don't know. After years of disappointment I wanted to see the FO make the safer pick here. 

I wanted to see them pick a guy who has innately demonstrated the critical traits of throwing with timing, anticipation, accuracy, and touch that are predictors of success at the NFL level.

10 minutes ago, zevo said:

Please show me where I’ve proclaimed that he is going to be good...ill wait for your response. I’m saying there should be no overreaction either way.

So you're saying there shall be no reaction.

Thanks God.

Get the !@#$ over yourself 

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

It wasn't just one guy. That was a pretty muted reaction. I wss surprised, I thought it was going to be a video of people cheering regardless.

It’s hard to get excited about any QB as a Bills fans.

Rich prick, entitled, upset, this has been the vibe I have been getting from this kid for the past two weeks, Mr. tough guy with the fakest smile - Zolak on Rosen lol 

Frying him. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, zevo said:

I’m sorry you missed the point..ill try harder next time

This is the way I’ve started to feel...makes me more and more confident in the pick

You know what I was saying. Your reaction to the second post proves that. You think you're smarter than the other lowly fans.

I'm sure that of the 'Big Four' (Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, & Allen), Allen wouldn't have been the first choice of "most" Bills fans...but whether the Bills had chosen Allen or any of the other three, there would have been a segment of the fan base that was going to be pissed at the selection regardless. That's the nature of today's hot take interwebs. I, for one, admit to being crestfallen when they chose Allen over Rosen but I quickly moved on and hope that the organization got the right guy. As fans, that's all we can do whether or not we agree with the team's choices. Go Josh Allen and GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You know what I was saying. Your reaction to the second post proves that. You think you're smarter than the other lowly fans.

I know nothing more than the next guy about picking a qb....never said i did....but i like to use a little patience and see how things develop 

• Like (+1) 1