RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

59 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Even if he looks better than AJ and Nate in camp, I hope they ease him in. Live NFL action is whole different beast.

Don't ruin the kid. The Bills have plenty of time to develop this one right.

I have seen this posted by a number of people.  I started thinking about it and I couldn't come up with an example of a QB drafted high that was started too early and it ruined his career.  If you're thinking of some specific examples please share them with me.  I'm not harping on you I just can't think of any.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

It is almost like the doubters want to see Allen fail just to justify they are right about him.

Pretty disturbing.

I just don't understand the level of hatred and vitriol directed toward him before the kid even takes a pro snap.   Consensus one of the top QBs, regardless of what your personal opinion/"analysis" is.  Undeniable work ethic, athleticism, ceiling etc. etc.  Doesn't knock women out, steal seafood, beat dogs, kill baby seals.   Because completion percentage?  Why the hell wouldn't you at least wait to see how things play out before berating the guy as garbage.  You can be disappointed, disagree whether it was the right pick etc. - but to see so much blatant non-support is crazy to me.   Just hope the guy succeeds and see how it plays out - all the bitching in the world isn't going to change that.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

It is almost like the doubters want to see Allen fail just to justify they are right about him.

Pretty disturbing.

Personally, I'm disturbed by the even larger group of people who just want to see the "stigmata," no matter what the evidence suggests.   Especially among posters who haven't taken the time to watch even five minutes of game video (not highlight packages, which make everyone look good).   That video is easily found on Youtube.  And is fair game for all the 'doubters' to comment on.

Then again, I suppose the faith and hope routine that passes for analysis on TSW and elsewhere is what keeps the Bills in business decade after decade...      

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Personally, I'm disturbed by the even larger group of people who just want to see the "stigmata," no matter what the evidence suggests.   Especially among posters who haven't taken the time to watch even five minutes of game video (not highlight packages, which make everyone look good).   That video is easily found on Youtube.  And is fair game for all the 'doubters' to comment on.

Then again, I suppose the faith and hope routine that passes for analysis on TSW and elsewhere is what keeps the Bills in business decade after decade...      

So, doubters are rational and have investigated beyond highlights and those who support the fella are fideists.  Got it.  Guess Beane and McDermott are risking their careers on blind faith.

Just now, Dr. Who said:

So, doubters are rational and have investigated beyond highlights and those who support the fella are fideists.  Got it.  Guess Beane and McDermott are risking their careers on blind faith.

Yes, they are IMO...

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yes, they are IMO...

I just don't find that a very credible opinion.  I don't think you are a foolish poster by any means, but I think it much more likely Beane and McDermott have had their eye on Allen for quite a while and have studied him sufficiently to make "blind faith" an unfounded interpretation.

Just now, Lurker said:

Yes, they are IMO...

Boy, I wish that our front office had taken the time to watch the videos easily found on YouTube...  

People watch a few videos online, look at some stats, and think they are experts...  No one really knows how these kids are going to turn out.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I get annoyed when opinions are presented as facts.  I'll trust in the highly paid professionals.

24 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Going into the draft, my QB wish list went like this:

1. Mayfield 

2. Darnold

3.  Rosen

4. Allen

When we traded up to 7, and Rosen was still there, I thought for sure we were going to grab the other Josh. Nope they announced Josh Allen instead. I was furious. So was about 90% of the fans sitting with me at the Anchor Bar on Transit. Then I watched Rosen get drafted a few picks later. For the first time I noticed what an arrogant, entitled little weasel he is. When I got back to my room I started watching videos of each of them. Rosen comes off as a spoiled kid that has had everything handed to him. Allen is just the opposite. He’s had to work for everything he’s gotten. He’s humble. He’s appreciative. He’s a Buffalo guy. For those of you who are still pissed we didn’t take Rosen, I’d encourage you to do the same. Watch their interviews and form your OWN decision, not some “expert” with a blog...

Honestly, as i mentioned in other threads, everything is relative to a few different pov.

When the dust settles and we know who we have it's easier to figure out your personal feelings.

Take Jets fans for example. Over on their site,  there was a thread that was essentially asking are you scared the Bill's could jump to 2 for Darnold. In the weeks leading up, it was full of NO responses with reasoning knocking the kid and Mayfield is who they wanted. They called him a poor prospect and the least guaranteed/project. At that point, it was more fear masking true feelings to accept he wont be there and they are better off w Mayfield anyway.

Now, Sam is theirs and it's totally different.

Now, he was the best qb in the draft and it was super smart.

Human nature dictates this to a degree. It is what it is, and if we dont adjust and get excited... the next few years will be miserable and suck. 

Allen is ours. I was very upset it wasn't risen, but I've come around and this kid was in consideration for #1 over all. Biggest boom or bust.. and if it works- again IF- we are golden!!

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Going into the draft, my QB wish list went like this:

1. Mayfield 

2. Darnold

3.  Rosen

4. Allen

When we traded up to 7, and Rosen was still there, I thought for sure we were going to grab the other Josh. Nope they announced Josh Allen instead. I was furious. So was about 90% of the fans sitting with me at the Anchor Bar on Transit. Then I watched Rosen get drafted a few picks later. For the first time I noticed what an arrogant, entitled little weasel he is. When I got back to my room I started watching videos of each of them. Rosen comes off as a spoiled kid that has had everything handed to him. Allen is just the opposite. He’s had to work for everything he’s gotten. He’s humble. He’s appreciative. He’s a Buffalo guy. For those of you who are still pissed we didn’t take Rosen, I’d encourage you to do the same. Watch their interviews and form your OWN decision, not some “expert” with a blog...

Do you care what brady’s personality is like?  Would you want his ugs wearing pretty boy self absorbed lame personality on the bills?  

18 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I just don't find that a very credible opinion.  I don't think you are a foolish poster by any means, but I think it much more likely Beane and McDermott have had their eye on Allen for quite a while and have studied him sufficiently to make "blind faith" an unfounded interpretation.

Well, so be it.    Their "faith" is that Allen can correct his footwork and other mechanics and somehow become something more than a big arm.   McBeane may have spent a lot of time analyzing it, but it's still an "educated guess."    And IMO, the odds say it is a long shot, given how few QBs have been able to make that leap...   

4 minutes ago, benderbender said:

What really tickles me is how many mock drafts have Allen going number 1. But when we draft him, suddenly he wasn’t good enough.

Mock drafts are entertainment, garnished with a large dose of team-supplied misinformation.   

Media white noise and tales told round the campfire...

Edited by Lurker

16 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Do you care what brady’s personality is like?  Would you want his ugs wearing pretty boy self absorbed lame personality on the bills?  

You’re pointing out an exception to a rule. Yes I would want Tom Brady on my team despite the fact that he’s a douchebag. Most douchebags suck at life. Ryan Leaf immediately comes to mind. Jamarcus Russell. Losman kinda had a douchebaggery about him