RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

1 minute ago, Kaenon said:

Who you believe was the 7th or 8th QB?

Now I know not to read this garbage ever again, I've read all I need to know. 

Dont get me wrong Allen has the most potential absolutely but potential in the NFL coming out of the draft has proven to be harder to reach then it has to achieve. I hope Allen becomes the next great QB but I think if we were going to take a project we could have kept some of our picks and did so. And i believe we could have stayed at 12 of maybe only had to move up to maybe 9 or 10 to get Allen or Rosen. The Bills were trying to move up to 5 if the Broncos didnt have Chubb on the board still...so i just think they jumped the gun for a player that has no chance to be a day 1 starter. I believe a player shouldn't be taken in the top 15 if he isn't a day 1 starter. I dont understand why so many people have faith in Josh Allen i understand we as a fan base want a franchise QB but ive been around long enough to know forcing one in the 1st round isn't a good idea JP losman and EJ are perfect examples. Mason Rudolph is a better QB coming out of college then Allen is thats not even a debate. Allen only got drafted on potential not stats or proven performance

2 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

What the address for? I just wished you werent hiding behind that keyboard. Btw your hot take is terrible, much like your threats...

Cause you saying im scared the !@#$ aint no body worried about your B word ass and no one is threatening you i dont think you know what a threat is if you claim ive made one but enjoy your life stop posting on my ****

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Dont insult the people who had the opinion that filling holes with all the picks would be a good idea instead of tradi g everything for a QB. This poster is just a troll...

It was not meant to reflect on anyone of rational thought and a differing opinion, I promise.

Not my style. 

1 minute ago, Rebel101 said:

Dont get me wrong Allen has the most potential absolutely but potential in the NFL coming out of the draft has proven to be harder to reach then it has to achieve. I hope Allen becomes the next great QB but I think if we were going to take a project we could have kept some of our picks and did so. And i believe we could have stayed at 12 of maybe only had to move up to maybe 9 or 10 to get Allen or Rosen. The Bills were trying to move up to 5 if the Broncos didnt have Chubb on the board still...so i just think they jumped the gun for a player that has no chance to be a day 1 starter. I believe a player shouldn't be taken in the top 15 if he isn't a day 1 starter. I dont understand why so many people have faith in Josh Allen i understand we as a fan base want a franchise QB but ive been around long enough to know forcing one in the 1st round isn't a good idea JP losman and EJ are perfect examples. Mason Rudolph is a better QB coming out of college then Allen is thats not even a debate. Allen only got drafted on potential not stats or proven performance

Rudolph is not a better QB coming out of college.

I've not watched any Wyoming games, but I have listened to talk radio and have read so much from well respected national pundants, sports scientists and others who have talked up Allen. I hold their opinions in higher regard and many of them believe Allen is the best QB in this draft. 

Not a single one said Rudolph, Jackson, Lauletta, or Rosen were the best. 

2 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

I don't know, I think I'll take the potential of a stock Mustang over the most perfected, highly tuned lawnmower the factory had to offer.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Cause you saying im scared the !@#$ aint no body worried about your B word ass and no one is threatening you i dont think you know what a threat is if you claim ive made one but enjoy your life stop posting on my ****

My oh my. I see you learned grammar and the english language the same place your learned about football and poor intimidation tactics, from someone really really bad at all of them.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They will love him if he's any good.

If he sucks he will get **** on. Basically life as an NFL QB.

Josh can throw from multiple platforms that no other QB in the NFL can...that I can assure you of. He’s also an intelligent player and a hard worker....AJ McCarron has his work cut out for him. Not a knock on McCarron, but few QBs in this nation could beat Josh in camp.

There lies the issue though. Most of us agree he needs time to develop and learn to make better reads, but there’s no doubt everyone in Buffalo will be enamored with his skill set come regular season. Maybe he’ll be ready to start in the fall, maybe he won’t. I’m definitely interested to see where this goes.

37 minutes ago, The Virginian said:

Laradise!  Ditto on your comments.  I've been posting material over here in the hopes that the Bills faithful come to embrace Josh.  We know what Josh meant to the Wyoming Cowboys and soon I hope the Bills Mafia will come to appreciate what he means for the Bills.

8 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Josh can throw from multiple platforms that no other QB in the NFL can...that I can assure you of. He’s also an intelligent player and a hard worker....AJ McCarron has his work cut out for him. Not a knock on McCarron, but few QBs in this nation could beat Josh in camp.

There lies the issue though. Most of us agree he needs time to develop and learn to make better reads, but there’s no doubt everyone in Buffalo will be enamored with his skill set come regular season. Maybe he’ll be ready to start in the fall, maybe he won’t. I’m definitely interested to see where this goes.

Welcome to the board!

So are you guys both Wyoming fans following Josh here, or what?

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

I've not watched any Wyoming games, but I have listened to talk radio and have read so much from well respected national pundants, sports scientists and others who have talked up Allen. I hold their opinions in higher regard and many of them believe Allen is the best QB in this draft. 

Go google josn allen vs unlv its 15 minutes of every offensive play please

Go google josn allen vs unlv its 15 minutes of all offensive plays and thats one of his better games...but i do understand i just think we wasted an opportunity to get real depth on our roster 

22 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

My oh my. I see you learned grammar and the english language the same place your learned about football and poor intimidation tactics, from someone really really bad at all of them.

You are a joke 

24 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

And Rudolph wasnt a better QB coming out of college in what sense? He is drastically one of the best QBs coming out of college the only 2 QBs that had better stats are Mayfield n Jackson n that is because Jackson ran for a lot

5 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Assuming Allen is our franchise QB, we've drafted 3 solid starters so far.

I love Edmunds and harrison i think we needed OLine instead of DLine but he is great value harrison has been compared to Kyle Williams 

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Welcome to the board!

So are you guys both Wyoming fans following Josh here, or what?

Yes, a couple members of PokeNation.  I can't speak for Laradise, but I'm a UW alumnus and was raised in Wyoming.  I live in Virginia now, but I've been all in for the Cowboys since a young kid.  I went to my first Wyoming home game in 1955 at 18 months old.

2 minutes ago, The Virginian said:

Yes, a couple members of PokeNation.  I can't speak for Laradise, but I'm a UW alumnus and was raised in Wyoming.  I live in Virginia now, but I've been all in for the Cowboys since a young kid.  I went to my first Wyoming home game in 1955 at 18 months old.

Love me some Jackson Hole, one of my favorite places in the world - WY gets two thumbs up in my book!!

I mean Allen alone shows they screwed up royally, but letting go of two 2nd round picks to get him? Wow....I'm still in shock.

Just read what Rodger Sherman said about the selection. That's pretty much exactly how I feel - https://goo.gl/YMBvx4

"I would consider any team that used a first-round pick on Josh Allen to be the biggest loser of the first round. No good NFL quarterback has ever had statistics as bad as Allen's college stats; his best-case statistical comparables include Brian Griese and Josh McCown.

There are just so many videos of him missing easy passes so badly. Sure, his arm is strong enough that teams should value his potential, but "extremely strong quarterback who may never learn how to throw to receivers" seems to me like a Day 3 pick, not a first-rounder. I remain baffled that he was treated like a top prospect throughout the entire draft process.

But the Bills didn't just draft Allen. They traded up to get him, giving up two second-round picks to move up five spots. That's a massive overpay on any draft value chart. And then the Bills also traded a third-rounder to the Ravens to move up from the 22nd pick to the 16th to select Tremaine Edmunds.

Trading up is the move of a team in win-now mode. The Bills did so--but they selected a quarterback whose supporters even consider him a project. That doesn't jibe. I'm so happy that the Bills got to the playoffs last year, and so confused about their future."

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I mean Allen alone shows they screwed up royally, but letting go of two 2nd round picks to get him? Wow....I'm still in shock.

Just read what Rodger Sherman said about the selection. That's pretty much exactly how I feel - https://goo.gl/YMBvx4

"I would consider any team that used a first-round pick on Josh Allen to be the biggest loser of the first round. No good NFL quarterback has ever had statistics as bad as Allen's college stats; his best-case statistical comparables include Brian Griese and Josh McCown.

There are just so many videos of him missing easy passes so badly. Sure, his arm is strong enough that teams should value his potential, but "extremely strong quarterback who may never learn how to throw to receivers" seems to me like a Day 3 pick, not a first-rounder. I remain baffled that he was treated like a top prospect throughout the entire draft process.

But the Bills didn't just draft Allen. They traded up to get him, giving up two second-round picks to move up five spots. That's a massive overpay on any draft value chart. And then the Bills also traded a third-rounder to the Ravens to move up from the 22nd pick to the 16th to select Tremaine Edmunds.

Trading up is the move of a team in win-now mode. The Bills did so--but they selected a quarterback whose supporters even consider him a project. That doesn't jibe. I'm so happy that the Bills got to the playoffs last year, and so confused about their future."

and go watch the videos with Rich Eisen and Trent Dilfer-- thats all I need to see to at least give this guy a chance.  wooohooo  3 potential starters... gotta love it

And here's another quote, this time from Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com), that also says quite a lot about the problem with the Allen trade -

"The Bills traded out of their No. 10 overall pick a year ago, passing on the chance to draft Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson in favor of amassing draft capital. This season, the Bills used significant draft capital to trade up for quarterback Josh Allen (moving from 12th overall to seventh). The kids would call that hustling backward, especially when Allen has an uphill climb just to surpass previous Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor's level of production.

Bills fans will point to this being the first draft for GM Brandon Beane, who was hired last May, but that only emphasizes how tricky it is to come up with a cohesive roster when the GM and coach are always in flux. Allen could prove his skeptics wrong, and his athleticism is unquestionable, but Josh Rosen has clearly displayed a more obvious NFL skill set. Allen is reminiscent of a souped-up version of another Bills first-round quarterback: J.P. Losman, a player with accuracy issues who was a star in the pre-draft season because of his measurables. Losman was taken 22nd overall in the 2004 NFL Draft and proceeded to compile a 10-23 record in Buffalo."