RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Just curious, what makes you say that? Because EJ got a 28 on the wonderlic compared to Allen’s 32 and EJ didn’t have stupid tweets get leaked.

why is Allen is 50000x smarter?

Yeah, I thought EJM was reasonably bright, and a great dude. I liked EJM, but he wasn't a good QB.

I was wondering if those, who have already decided that Allen will be a bust, can tell me what tomorrow night's Mega Million numbers are going to be. Point is you can't see what's coming. The draft is not some sort of refined art- it is a glorified crapshoot. These executives have a handful of darts that they are throwing, hoping that some stick. And if they hit the occasional bullseye, that's the cherry on top of the sundae. 

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Thanks Alphadawg. This post makes me feel better about the pick.

No problem and thanks.  For me, I am just excited to have a QB here with so much potential and a great LB prospect.  Great night IMO.  Looking forward to see what the kid can do.  Like I said, I was a Baker Mayfield guy all the way, but was going to be happy with any of the top 5 QB's, even Lamar.  All had a lot to like about them and had their own set of risks.  Allen though had BY FAR the best off season and really impressed me to start changing my mind on him. 

And honestly, Rosen's comments after the draft made me feel like we got the right Josh too.  He's a real hard guy to like...and that concerns me for a QB.

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Just curious, what makes you say that? Because EJ got a 28 on the wonderlic compared to Allen’s 32 and EJ didn’t have stupid tweets get leaked.

Yeah im a little drunk and my brain mixed up EJ and Cardale. My bad.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MarlinTheMagician said:

So stoked.  Feel we got better talent at 7 and 16 than Browns got at 1 & 4.  Allen is by all accounts a worker, he has elite arm talent, great running skills and ENORMOUS hands.  Lighted up if you had a man crush on another - he is now our man!  

Lighten

All this and more. He is tough, a big dude, and competitive. I can't see why there would be so much anger. It's a good day!

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1 minute ago, OJABBA said:

Yeah, I thought EJM was reasonably bright, and a great dude. I liked EJM, but he wasn't a good QB.

I agree, he wasn't a good QB but seems like a good guy, and definitely has never spoken like an idiot off the field. He made some bad decisions on the field, but so would plenty of intelligent people trying to process the game that quickly combined with the physical skills it takes to make accurate throws.

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And honestly, Rosen's comments after the draft made me feel like we got the right Josh too.  

Confirmation bias. They made me think "man I wish we had that dude." Equally confirmation bias I accept but the people who thought his personality was off before will think it more the people who like his personality will be drawn even more to him. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I'm not responding because of your response to that ridiculous post.   

No one is good at this.  It's predicting the future - a projection of what you hope a young person can become.  The Bills worked hard to come to a decision and they made it.  I think it's unfair to in turn criticize the pick in trying to predict the future ourselves.  I think the right mindset as a fan is to hope and leave it there.  

I wish others would read this as I've read about 10,000 posts declaring the "pros" at the Bills know what they are doing and mere fans on this board are clueless.  

Also, what you say is why you don't trade up.  It's a crap shoot; quantity of picks always trumps your perceived quality, b/c you have no idea what you're getting.

I totally supported moving up this year however, but for one of Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold.  And only those 3.

2 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

I don't think he'll be a bust. However, he would have been there at 12. There was no reason to move up. 

Im not so sure,  Dolphins might have takem him

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No if we don't like the pick we have to shut up because the Bills don't pay us. We are supposed to suddenly change our objective opinions on a player because our tean drafted him. That to me is disingenuous and I won't do it.

Will I hope Allen fails? Of course I won't, I hope I have to eat an almighty bowl of crow. I hope I become known as the guy who doubted Josh Allen... but I don't believe that will happen and nobody, but nobody, has the right to tell me I should. I believe we let a guy who is going to be really good slip through our fingers tonight and in 10 years time it will be another in the catalogue of moments this organisation has had where it has taken the wrong turn. 

Please :rolleyes:

You have the right to tell others that the Bills made a mistake and try to sway their opinions with your "objective opinion" but they don't have the right to suggest you change your mind?  You've spent the entire offseason grading college players from TV and YouTube videos and presenting it as evidence for people so that your opinion will hold more weight.  You are afforded that right, but others aren't afforded the right to tell you that you are wrong or that you should think the way they do?

Generally you're one of the better posters here.  Relax, call it a night and don't let being disappointed turn you in to one of the bitter posters here.

All people don't want is an entire offseason + actual season of bitching and I told you so's.

• Thank you (+1) 1

From ESPN:

Pre-Draft Analysis

Allen has elite arm strength, and his accuracy is good when his feet are set properly. He also has better-than-average accuracy when on the move. Allen is one of the most physically gifted quarterbacks to come out of college in the last five years. His ceiling is incredible, but so is his bust potential.

Post-Draft Analysis

The Bills signed former Bengals backup AJ McCarron to a two-year deal, which will buy them time to work on Allen's accuracy and ability to process coverages quickly. Allen's rare arm strength makes him a good fit for the Bills, who have hit a home run if they're able to help Allen reach his considerable potential.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And honestly, Rosen's comments after the draft made me feel like we got the right Josh too.  He's a real hard guy to like...and that concerns me for a QB.

What comments are these everyone is talking about. All the comments I've seen are fine. He's pissed about being passed over and he's a competitor. It's the same **** you all loved about Mayfield, and you all probably would have loved Rosens comments if he was a bill. 

• Thank you (+1) 1