Rank the Bills Remaining Areas of Need.

9 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Oline is far more important than WR

Groy is starting material.  Hopefully this center from Cincinnati is too.  They need depth, but WR is much more dire.

Dawkins - Groy - Bodine - Ducasse - Mills

Not a dominant group, but not a complete disaster either.

Edited by Stokes84

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I know us fans are fearful of this Offensive Line but it seems the staff is cool with Dawkins at LT (as they should be) and then Groy vs Bodine at C and open competition at RT/LG/RG. 

Good point there for sure. I'll modify mine. 

1. WR - We need someone to stretch the field and open things up

2. LB / DE 

3. S - People might not agree here but I'd like to have a little insurance in case Hyde / Poyer get hurt. We are in the depth rounds at this point anyway. 

4. RB - McCoy won't last forever....

1.  OL

2.  HB

3.  Strong Side or Weak side Linebacker

4.  CB

5.  WR

I don't have WR high because I really think the offense is going to be very run oriented.  I said it before the draft, no matter what QB we draft, running the football is going to be the key to success in 2018.  We're not going to be able to put games on the QB's shoulders so to me, the trenches have to get addressed along with another rusher.  Then I think another linebacker on the strong or weak side, wherever Milano isn't playing is necessary.  Hell if they play Edmunds on the outside then we need a middle guy.  Would love Fred Warner or Dorian O'Daniel so we can try Edmunds at MLB.

Edited by NewEraBills
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Oline is far more important than WR

WR though is DEEP in the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year, and it is still a need.

Additionally, and I have no reason to think this, but I am thinking it, that they will also get a veteran OLinemen closer to the start of training camp.

Sure, 4th and 5th round OL are projects, but we can and will get 1-2 bodies there.

I'm thinking:  Dawkins, Groy, Cincy C, Miller, Mills, while replacing someone across that board, except Groy moving to C and Dawkins, with a FA. 

Look, I don't love it either,

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

45 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

How can you not put OL #1?  We lost 3 starters there this offseason.

Because a rookie replaced one of the starters last year without missing a beat; a veteran replaced one of those starters when he was injured in2016, and play did not drop off; they have a guy who started 2 years at guard ho can come in; then they brought in FAs at RT and C/G.

I would rank WR and CB as the top needs.

Edited by TPS

48 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Rank the Bills position of need in the order you feel is greatest regardless of how much sense you feel it makes to the next person.

Let's see if the Bills next Day 2 and Day 3 moves coincide with your analysis to some degree.

Even if I'm spot on, I don't expect the Bills' remaining picks to have a lot in common with my list, because the needs at the top are the kind you need high picks or big FA $$ to fill...

1. OT
  2. Pass rush (including DL)
  3. OG
  4. WR
  5. CB
  6. LB
  7. RB
  8. OC
  9. Depth everywhere

Tackle

Guard

Guard

Center

WR

Either MLB or OLB depending on where they put Edmunds

more depth at CB

Shady's replacement

DT

Depth at DE

Lots more holes to fill that won't be filled this season.  We'd be lucky to effectively fill two more of these holes this year.

40 minutes ago, Stokes84 said:

Groy is starting material.  Hopefully this center from Cincinnati is too.  They need depth, but WR is much more dire.

Dawkins - Groy - Bodine - Ducasse - Mills

Not a dominant group, but not a complete disaster either.

The right side of that line scares the poo out of me.  Well below average IMO and needs to get better to protect QB and to open up holes for Shady

Edited by Whatnot78

49 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think It's  

O-line (C-G-RT) 

DT 3 tech

WR

TE

CB

RB

This!

Not sure if they have that many picks unless they trade for some. But I would love to see an offensive center, RT, LG and WR in the second and third. 

55 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think It's  

O-line (C-G-RT) 

DT 3 tech

WR

TE

CB

RB

This is how I see it too. O-Line is huge IMO as we need to give whoever we have at QB a fair chance (something the Bills don't always do to QBs) Maybe quibble about TE ahead of the last 2. We just flat out need more playmakers and speed in general on offense wherever they play.

DT 3 tech could be Nathan Shepherd

Edited by horned dogs
  • Like (+1) 1