Successful Rookie QBs

Stokes84

Between he and Rosen, Allen is more likely to succeed early.  The idea that Rosen is more NFL ready is misleading.  Yeah, he has better mechanics and is better at reading defenses, but if you ask him to play like a vet NFL QB right away, he's going to get killed.  Rookies that have the most success are treated with kid gloves.  They are asked to make one read, roll out, dump off, etc.  Everything is very deliberate.  Allen, due to his athleticism, is much more suited for this.

Examples of rookies succeeding right away are Rothlisberger, Wilson, Watson, and Prescott.  Look for the Bills to run this type of simplified offense.  

While Rosen, IMO, has more potential to be great, Allen is more likely to succeed early.

Edited by Stokes84
Apparently too difficult to separate the football stuff from the personal stuff

Just now, billspro said:

Allen seems like a good person. I don't think its fair to judge someone off a few tweets when they were 15. Teenagers tend to be stupid and make mistakes. He is a young man now and seems to have grown up a lot. 

Not really the point of the post, but point taken.

White teenagers throw out the “N” word like they’re making a rap album. Not in a derogatory way but like an equivalent to “dude” or “bro”. I’m not saying it’s right but it’d be different if he was saying “black people are all “N” words” or something 

5 minutes ago, Stokes84 said:

Actually, you led off your post with that point, so, fair to respond to it. I think judging any 15/16-year-old kid on a handful of tweets with no context is silly. As to the rest of your post, I think Allen is going to surprise a lot of people. 

9 minutes ago, Stokes84 said:

The rest of the post made sense. I just think if you listen to some of his interviews he seems like a good kid, I think it would be good to consider letting the tweets go.

5 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

White teenagers throw out the “N” word like they’re making a rap album. Not in a derogatory way but like an equivalent to “dude” or “bro”. I’m not saying it’s right but it’d be different if he was saying “black people are all “N” words” or something 

Feel free to discuss the football related portion.

3 minutes ago, Stokes84 said:

Feel free to discuss the football related portion.

Feel free to start your post with another sentence 

edit: I see you did. Good job. Also feel free to discuss this in the many, many other Allen threads on the front page

Edited by Seanbillsfan2206

Roethlisberger did not succeed right away. The guy was a game manager that was coddled by a top 3 defense. Could have easily been a bust going to another team. He had time to refine his skills while handing the ball off and not being asked to do a ton early on in his career

3 minutes ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Roethlisberger did not succeed right away. The guy was a game manager that was coddled by a top 3 defense. Could have easily been a bust going to another team. He had time to refine his skills while handing the ball off and not being asked to do a ton early on in his career

That's the point of the post.  Any rookie QB that has early success is asked to be a game manager first, and allowed to expand their game over time.  PIT went 15-1 in Rothlisberger's rookie year.  If that's not success, I don't know what is.