Any chance we trade back into the 2nd?

Sweats

1 hour ago, rodneykm said:

Some people think being negative makes them more knowledgeable than most. No one knows how this will turn out, but Buffalo go the guy with the most potential who fits our climate and team very well.

The greatest mistake a person can make is thinking negativity leads to success. It only leads to more negativity and more problems. They literally create more negativity, and then they pat themselves on the back for seeing it coming, despite achieving nothing at the end of the day.

Positivity breeds positivity. We have superstar potential at QB right now. Have we had that since Kelly? Kid has a great head on his shoulders (the tweets say more about the lowlifes who digged them up on draft day for a storyline than about Allen), is willing to learn, has fantastic size, the best arm in the NFL, good mobility, etc. The type of player a casual fan would watch MNF for. What an exciting offense we could have! 

Let's put our differences aside and come together for this kid. Make him feel welcome. Give him an introduction that we've never given a QB before. Build his confidence, and have faith in him on his bad days. Let's help CREATE this superstar QB for this city and this team. We deserve it! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I could see it. Last year they came away with what, 5 players? I could see them taking the same strategy. Honestly they filled the two biggest holes for the franchise so I think the rest of this draft is gravy at this point. I think they overpaid by a second round pick to TB, so I wish they could have kept that pick. Other than that I think they got good value and grabbing Edmunds is awesome. 

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Edmunds is more than worth 22 and 65, especially given the fact Evans/Vander Esch (both a notch below Edmunds and Smith) were gone before 22. 

You can definitely take issue with the fact we could’ve seemingly had Rosen and 53, 56 instead of Allen and a 5th.   However, it seems fans on this board are the only ones obsessed with Josh Rosen.  Cleveland wasn’t.  The Jets weren’t, and they traded away premium picks.  Buffalo traded away premium picks, and not for him.  Arizona took him at 10, AFTER they tried to out-bid us for Allen (as reported by Shefter and others.)

I agree with you on Edmunds. What makes it hurtful is that we gave up the third round pick, the first pick in the third round after losing our entire second round. The mid rounds of this draft for supposed to be so strong and we're going to have to sit and watch the competition getting younger, faster and better. I just don't see the value in a long-term project like Josh Allen.

9 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

because when your team is picking #1 you don't have to be.  As Bills fans, we knew it was going to be difficult to get into the top 5 so our pool of QB's to choose from was much narrower.  When we got word that Rosen could drop of course we'd be obsessed with a guy that has shown timing and anticipation, made tight window throws, quick to process the defense most of the time.  Why wouldn't Bills fans be obsessed with that given the QB history the last 20 years?  This is not to predict how any of them will turn out but it's easy to see why Bills fans would be obsessed with Rosen given the conditions and picture being painted.

I’m not saying y’all can’t be.  I’m just saying 4 teams drafted the Big 4 and all 4 preferred guys not named Rosen, including the team that actually drafted him. 

Edited by SCBills

8 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I agree with you on Edmunds. What makes it hurtful is that we gave up the third round pick, the first pick in the third round after losing our entire second round. The mid rounds of this draft for supposed to be so strong and we're going to have to sit and watch the competition getting younger, faster and better. I just don't see the value in a long-term project like Josh Allen.

You will once he pans out. The only QB in this draft with superstar potential. 

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Asked a different way would you rather have Josh Jackson or Nick Bosa? That’s the type of decision that they have to make. Even if they have Jackson as a top 25 guy they will be chasing guys ranked as high as Bradley Chubb next year. You don’t pass on elite talents for solid starters. Beane knows that. He wasn’t willing to part with next year’s 1st for his QB, he certainly isn’t going to part with it for a 2nd day corner.

Giving away picks isn't the same thing. It's a pick for a pick. Also depends on what type of team they think they have. 

If they think they have a bad team then they won't even think about it. 

12 minutes ago, musichunch said:

You will once he pans out. The only QB in this draft with superstar potential. 

I hope you're right. I will be thrilled and happy to eat crow. But my gut is telling me this kid is going to crash and burn. He just doesn't have the processing skills and decision-making a modern NFL quarterback needs.

1 hour ago, Jpsredemption said:

The Bills showed last night they remain inferior getting fleeced and giving up critical picks.

Lol. Yeah good thing you don't sound bitter. Or dumb. How could you know that when he hasn't played a down. Ohh I forgot you're smarter than everyone else.

5 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I hope you're right. I will be thrilled and happy to eat crow. But my gut is telling me this kid is going to crash and burn. He just doesn't have the processing skills and decision-making a modern NFL quarterback needs.

Permanent inability or lack of experience and high-end coaching? Let's be patient and have faith. 

9 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Giving away picks isn't the same thing. It's a pick for a pick. Also depends on what type of team they think they have. 

If they think they have a bad team then they won't even think about it. 

It depends on the players available. Next year has a chance to be one of the great DL drafts ever. There are projections of 7 of the first 10 and 12 1st rounders up front. Kyle is on his last legs, Hughes may be gone after this year and Star is a 2 down player. The Bills have a chance to add an elite player at the 2nd most important position. They can add a day 2 corner next year (assuming Davis doesn’t have a bounce back year and get re-signed).

You don’t ever skip elite talents for solid players. No elite players are going to round 2 in a year where 15 players received 1st round grades. Jackson is a decent player but he’s not anywhere near the tier of the Clemson guys, Gary, Oliver, Bosa, etc... 

Just now, musichunch said:

Permanent inability or lack of experience and high-end coaching? Let's be patient and have faith. 

I've had a lot of faith over the years my friend. What really bothers me, even though I'm older, I do put a lot of faith in metrics. For example when blitzed, Baker Mayfield's quarterback ranking actually went up. Rosen's dropped about 10%. Josh Allen? When blitzed his quarterback ranking drops by 50%. I think NFL DCs will eat him alive. I don't know if you can teach processing at this level. Remember the "slow eyes"of EJ Manuel? He never could overcome it and we got to hope that Allen does.

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I've had a lot of faith over the years my friend. What really bothers me, even though I'm older, I do put a lot of faith in metrics. For example when blitzed, Baker Mayfield's quarterback ranking actually went up. Rosen's dropped about 10%. Josh Allen? When blitzed his quarterback ranking drops by 50%. I think NFL DCs will eat him alive. I don't know if you can teach processing at this level. Remember the "slow eyes"of EJ Manuel? He never could overcome it and we got to hope that Allen does.

As a professional data analyst, I will say that metrics are supplementary and should never be a primary method of analysis. Again, is that a metric a sign of permanent inability or lack of coaching or experience or even formation? EJ and Allen are 2 different people. 

2 hours ago, Sweats said:

Simple question.....any chance we trade back into the 2nd and pick up some more potential starters.

There is a lot of talent left on the board and arguably this years 2nd round is stacked deep with guys that could potentially help this team along.

Or is Bean gambling on picking up what’s available for leftovers in the 3rd.

Discuss

It's possible.

We need some O-line help after losing 3 starters to help out the new Franchise QB, though I don't think our line will be as bad as some think...

The line as I see it now is:

Dawkins - ? - Groy - Ducasse - Newhouse

? = John Miller?  He got beat out for RG by Ducasse middle/late last season, but could perhaps be better suited on the left side, as he started 46 games at left guard at Louisville.  He goes back to his natural position now with Incognito gone, and hopefully we see him come out of this really well!

So...

Dawkins-Miller-Groy-Ducasse-Newhouse

Just need to add some depth.