Any chance we trade back into the 2nd?

Sweats

Simple question.....any chance we trade back into the 2nd and pick up some more potential starters.

There is a lot of talent left on the board and arguably this years 2nd round is stacked deep with guys that could potentially help this team along.

Or is Bean gambling on picking up what’s available for leftovers in the 3rd.

Discuss

I desperately hope not- if the Bills come on the clock this round it's likely only because they've traded next year's 1st, which would be disastrous.  While I didn't like the Allen selection, even when I saw it coming, nor did I like the price tag attached to move up five spots... at least it didn't involve trading anything out of next year's class... because our roster is pretty talent-starved at critical areas and it would be a surprise if we weren't picking in the top-10 in all rounds.

After what was a night that left a lot to be desire, to trade our 2019 1st would compound matters considerably.

Edited by Midwest1981

1 minute ago, Midwest1981 said:

I desperately hope not- if the Bills come on the clock this round it's likely only because they've traded next year's 1st, which would be disastrous.  While I didn't like the Allen selection, even when I saw it coming, nor did I like the price tag attached to move up five spots... at least it didn't involve trading anything out of next year's class... because our roster is pretty talent-starved at critical areas and it would be a surprise if we weren't picking in the top-10 in all rounds.

After what was a night that left a lot to be desire, to trade our 2019 1st would compound matters considerably.

We still need 2 linemen and a LB so I hope they keep the picks.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

No chance, they burned all their capital last night. 5 premium picks in the first 3 rounds and we'll have a linebacker to show for it on opening day -- oh and a project quarterback.

I am surprised with the tilt on Allen...geez the guy was after all being considered as the #1 draft choice.

Every QB had an issue and if we had drafted any of them, we would all still be complaining...

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I am surprised with the tilt on Allen...geez the guy was after all being considered as the #1 draft choice.

Every QB had an issue and if we had drafted any of them, we would all still be complaining...

Some people think being negative makes them more knowledgeable than most. No one knows how this will turn out, but Buffalo go the guy with the most potential who fits our climate and team very well.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

Simple question.....any chance we trade back into the 2nd and pick up some more potential starters.

There is a lot of talent left on the board and arguably this years 2nd round is stacked deep with guys that could potentially help this team along.

Or is Bean gambling on picking up what’s available for leftovers in the 3rd.

Discuss

I do.  For me if Buffalo can find a way to get Chark this draft would be a home run.  They need a deep threat on offense and Chark is the best one in the draft.  I think Wr is the target and seems they are willing to go get the guy they like.  He is on my radar but doubt he lasts long tonight.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I have a feeling that if the guy they want is available in the 2nd, Beane will pull the trigger.

In a draft with the talent so deep in the 2nd round, you can't make the moves you did in the first round, neglect the 2nd and hope to pick up some scraps in the 3rd.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
59 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

No chance, they burned all their capital last night. 5 premium picks in the first 3 rounds and we'll have a linebacker to show for it on opening day -- oh and a project quarterback.

Let's pretend that linebacker wasn't a top ten caliber pick and doesn't have the potential to be the best linebacker in the league in a few years.