Awesome SI article about Beane - Allen.

PIZ

I thought it was very interesting that they called the players leadership council in on the vetting process to assess their opinions of the tweets and the potential impact to the locker room.  Not aware of many organizations that do this.  A good sign in my book for the organization.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Dude dries over tweets for 5 years ago? Great....

No, he cried because the tweets from 5 yrs ago could cost him millions of dollars now.

1 minute ago, AmishRifle said:

I thought it was very interesting that they called the players leadership council in on the vetting process to assess their opinions of the tweets and the potential impact to the locker room.  Not aware of many organizations that do this.  A good sign in my book for the organization.

Yep. Glad the Bills' leadership has some common sense.

9 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Dude dries over tweets for 5 years ago? Great....

He's still just a kid and it definitely shows sometimes.

There's little doubt Beane is a smart guy.  Nonetheless, I wasn't happy to read that this attribute was a consideration (again)...

"Being able to play in our elements was important us. Josh has big hands, and we saw him play well in a big-time snow game against Colorado State."

But it was interesting to listen to Troy Aikman on Thursday night. He made the point many have made in the pre-draft process: When you’re an inaccurate passer in college, it’s not often than you become an accurate passer in the NFL

I don't care about his tweets

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Good read thanks for sharing. Allen being honest and open about the whole thing tells you something about his character. Doesn't excuse it, but he owned up. 

Exactly. I'm not entirely sure what people want from Allen in regard to this particular issue. The tweets weren't bright but he was a kid. As a man now, he is owning it and trying to move forward. The witch hunt is on now though and there are some who will never let this go. If I'm Allen I wouldn't pay them a bit more attention. Let them stew. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

There's little doubt Beane is a smart guy.  Nonetheless, I wasn't happy to read that this attribute was a consideration (again)...

"Being able to play in our elements was important us. Josh has big hands, and we saw him play well in a big-time snow game against Colorado State."

He's talking about grip more than snow.  He made reference to it several times now.  Gripping the ball in Buffalo if the temps get wild during the season is definitely different.  The cold almost made the ball slick.

19 minutes ago, White Linen said:

He's talking about grip more than snow.  He made reference to it several times now.  Gripping the ball in Buffalo if the temps get wild during the season is definitely different.  The cold almost made the ball slick.

Also, if you’ve ever seen him play. When he gets hit on the hands by pss rushers, he holds onto the ball.