Allen Over Rosen Reminds Me of

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

well it cant get any simple then but hurt can it. Cry with no hopes of him being good... go ahead. He is a BILL now.. cant you just be happy we picked our guy and support him instead of sobbing over the pick for the last 10 or so hours?

Silliness. It's a discussion board. If you want to blindly cheer for the Bills then grab a skirt and pom poms then revive the Jills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

when the Bills drafted Whitner over Ngata and Maybin over Orakpo.   The fans made the right call in those cases over the Bills' Front Office.  

Interesting thought.  I hope you are wrong and I hope McBeane is right.  But, ya, interesting analysis.

23 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

when the Bills drafted Whitner over Ngata and Maybin over Orakpo.   The fans made the right call in those cases over the Bills' Front Office.  

Come on man, your better then this. SMH

1 minute ago, blitzboy54 said:

That's disingenuous. Nobody had Brady. All the previous examples were guys who the boards largely wanted. Research isn't hard to come by. We all watched the tape

Homer on Homer

this is a good point. People can watch all the tape they want on a guy and NO ONE knows how they perform on the NFL level. Its called accepting what we got and moving forward.. some on this board cant do that.

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I agree, I remember yelling at the TV about both of those picks but I don't feel the same way about the Allen pick. I just get the feeling he could develop into a good starting QB. Im going to watch more of his games tonight and this weekend, I will say it's a lot harder to evaluate QB's from smaller school's.

Just now, Manther said:

Interesting thought.  I hope you are wrong and I hope McBeane is right.  But, ya, interesting analysis.

I hope like hell I'm wrong too, but what I've seen from the kid generates a healthy dose of skepticism. 

2 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

It does not remind me of anything yet. We have to see how this works out. Bottom line, Bills traded up 

so they went and got their guy.

We would not have to go through the next 3 years of watching an inevitable trainwreck bust at the QB position, AGAIN, if Pegula knew how to hire a front office.  The "see how it works out" crowd is all we have been doing as a fan base for the last ~23 years.  No more of this crap please. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Silliness. It's a discussion board. If you want to blindly cheer for the Bills then grab a skirt and pom poms then revive the Jills.

No I am going to do what every other bills fan will do and eventually you also when you pull the wedgie out of your ass.  I wanted Rosen also but to come on these forums and cry about it non stop is simply dumb

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I think the biggest difference between those picks and the Allen pick is no one had maybin over orakpo or whitner over ngata in player rankings. 

A decent number of scouting/mock drafts had Allen as a higher rates qb

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

We would not have to go through the next 3 years of watching an inevitable trainwreck bust at the QB position, AGAIN, if Pegula knew how to hire a front office.  The "see how it works out" crowd is all we have been doing as a fan base for the last ~23 years.  No more of this crap please. 

Nobody forcing you to watch the bills...try Arizona...see how it works out for you

7 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

I'm here to chronicle the careers of Rosen vs Allen.  Should be fun.

Beane screwed up, I'll be here beating that drum until Rosen retires.

And you will continue to have zero rep points because to me all you are here for is to troll the Rosen was not chosen pick. Go back to the Pats board

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
8 minutes ago, 4thandGoal said:

then go root for another team and dont let the door hit you on the way out... I am not particular happy about the pick but i am not going to whine about it. 

or better yet-- if you can do a better job then go out and become a GM-- if you wont do that then all i can do is laugh at your posts.

This is a stupid post.  Go root for another team if you don't like the Allen pick?  Get real  dude.  I m not going to tell you Allen is going to suck, but I would have rather had Rosen and if people are upset about the Allen pick, they don't just have to accept it or find another team.

5 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

Well you are free to go root for the Arizona Cardinals. No reason to stay if your not happy.

You mean the front office that got us into the playoffs in there 1st year after missing for 17 years.  

Edited by Thurmanator 12074
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Disappointing to say the least that they spent so much on a guy who's so raw in the fundamental things that lead to QB success at the NFL level.  

What scares me is an O coordinator who has done what???

If we are going to coach this kid up we need someone who has at least done it before......

32 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That was the worst front offices in the NFL, our current  front office is routinely praised as one of the most talented, they have completely turned around one the the historically worst franchises in one season with little cap room.

Edited by greeneblitz

8 minutes ago, McBean said:

Same guy ripped Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott for trading Sammy Watkins and Ronald Darby.

I’ll trust people who know more than this entire board plus give Josh Allen 2-3 years to prove himself, before I say stupid crap like this on here.

Just curious, how were those great trades?  Our wrs sucked last year and throwing deep to Sammy was what Tyrod did best.  I’d argue we might have beat Jacksonville with Sammy.  

And our secondary was the best part of the team, but we traded a starting cb on a SB winner for Jordan Matthews.  That’s awful.  

I think the larger point point is you don’t have to act like NFL decision makers always know better than the fans.  Those are good examples of the fans being right. Trust me, I was the biggest homer alive then, so I defend those picks.  IMO, this feels like those situations as well.

time will tell but it’s ok for some (almost the majority) of Bills fans to be upset.  This was one of the most important picks in Bills’ history.  Nothing would make me happier than to be wrong about this.  But for such a conservative coach/ team, this was insanely risky.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I think the biggest difference between those picks and the Allen pick is no one had maybin over orakpo or whitner over ngata in player rankings. 

A decent number of scouting/mock drafts had Allen as a higher rates qb

Couldn't care less.  Watch his games and you'll see he has quite a bit to overcome.  Maybe he'll do just that and go on to stardom like we all hope.  We'll see.