Allen Over Rosen Reminds Me of

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Im sure you missed it but I already said I was a Rosen guy

Should I pout because we didnt draft him?

No you shouldn't pout.  You also shoudn't pretend that the warts Allen had before he became a Bill have suddenly disappeared.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

My post refers to initial feelings when those players were drafted that were borne out over time.  What a question. :lol:

oh okay, my bad. i read into it that you were saying because those picks were bad that Allen was going to be bad. i do find it just a tad disingenious though that the timing of this thread coincides with the draft and what appears to be your displeasure with the pick.

Allen, nor mcBeane for that matter have anything to do with past history. let's let them be judged by their own merits. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Foxx said:

oh okay, my bad. i read into it that you were saying because those picks were bad that Allen was going to be bad. i do find it just a tad disingenious though that the timing of this thread coincides with the draft and what appears to be your displeasure with the pick.

Allen, nor mcBeane for that matter have anything to do with past history. let's let them be judged by their own merits. 

Disingenous?  Should I suddenly pretend that I didn't have critiques of him as prospect prior to last night?  They wil be judged on their own merits and if you can't handle my feeling of deja vu then I don't know what to tell you.  I guess I should post based on your experience such that I meet your approval. 

11 minutes ago, Threedollabills said:

Ok, folks. Josh Rosen said last night that 9 teams made a mistake. Is that what you all have wanted? You would've wanted him to say that 6 teams made a mistake? Homeboy Rosen is a little BEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  Allen gets totally dummied by a saved screen shot from when he was 14 and he takes it on the chin. Rosen is not Buffalo, Rosen is. 

Well today Allen said kind of same thing as Rosen when teams passed. 

All players say that. No big deal.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Disingenous?  Should I suddenly pretend that I didn't have critiques of him as prospect prior to last night?  They wil be judged on their own merits and if you can't handle my feeling of deja vu then I don't know what to tell you.  I guess I should post based on your experience such that I meet your approval. 

alright, which is it then? going by this last post of yours, it would appear that my initial post/take was spot on. you can't have it both ways.

not trying to pick a fight with you, 26CB. i really value what you (and select others) bring to this board. for me it is a one stop everything Bills related. i do however reserve the right to disagree with you here and there. it's all good though, thats how the world works.

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

alright, which is it then? going by this last post of yours, it would appear that my initial post/take was spot on. you can't have it both ways.

not trying to pick a fight with you, 26CB. i really value what you (and select others) bring to this board. for me it is a one stop everything Bills related. i do however reserve the right to disagree with you here and there. it's all good though, thats how the world works.

I'm rooting for Allen to succeed, but I have the same reservations I had prior to last night when he was drafted. It's as simple as that.  If that gives people heartburn, that's their issue and not mine.  Go Bills. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Threedollabills said:

Ok, folks. Josh Rosen said last night that 9 teams made a mistake. Is that what you all have wanted? You would've wanted him to say that 6 teams made a mistake? Homeboy Rosen is a little BEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  Allen gets totally dummied by a saved screen shot from when he was 14 and he takes it on the chin. Rosen is not Buffalo, Rosen is. 

And technically, only 8 teams passed on him...the Browns did so twice. Allen’s 37 wonderlic would have done that math correctly ?

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm rooting for Allen to succeed, but I have the same reservations prior to last night when he was drafted. It's as simple as that.  If that gives people heartburn, that's their issue and not mine.  Go Bills. 

Just wait for him to play 26, he is gonna be good. ? I believed that before we drafted him. But I understand being worried about him.

2 minutes ago, LEBills said:

And technically, only 8 teams passed on him...the Browns did so twice. Allen’s 37 wonderlic would have done that math correctly ?

Just wait for him to play 26, he is gonna be good. ? I believed that before we drafted him. But I understand being worried about him.

May the football gods finally bless us all. 

10 hours ago, Gigs said:

And this is the mentality that made the Bills so damn good for the last 20 years

It’s even got racist tweets!

THIS mentality?  Now it’s the fans mentalities fault that we haven’t had a Good team in 20 years?  Hahaha.  This is getting awesome.  TSW is currently so toxic.  Sad

2 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Browns, Giants, Jets, Broncos, Colts, Bucs, Bills, Bears, 49ers, and technically Oakland makes 10 teams that passed

13 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

when the Bills drafted Whitner over Ngata and Maybin over Orakpo.   The fans made the right call in those cases over the Bills' Front Office.  

when have the fans been wrong? Gilmore was good in retrospect (best corner in that draft outside of 5th round josh norman) and there was flak for that no? Cemented that 2014 defense although I get that drafting DB after DB in the 1st was getting annoying.

Also don't forget Spiller over.. idk any other player that wasn't competing against Lynch and Fredex at the RB position. Maybin and Spiller were the only draft picks I really hated at the time. I have to trust the FO because idk **** about pro scouting college players. TBD does have a good track record to your point. Just playing devil's advocate, between FO and TBD who has been right more often?

Take the mudder Allen.  Forget the pampered, butt hurt thoroughbred Rosen.

The kid was 14.

Not sure what to make of this?  The Bills plotted to have him fall to them?

A theory two people in the past hour now have floated: another team plotted to have Josh Allen’s racially insensitive tweets put out just before the draft in order to increase the chances he would fall in the draft to that team.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

4 hours ago, Threedollabills said:

Ok, folks. Josh Rosen said last night that 9 teams made a mistake.

something, something, chip on your shoulder, Rodgers getting passed on, Brady still bringing up the draft, Sherman being a maniac about being passed on, competitiveness, winning football. Did he say something wrong?

7 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Agree.

While others were never on board and never will be.

I hated the regime real quick when they started throwing away talent (still a Swatkins fan, even more so Woods), then the Peterman fiasco had me irrationally angry.

And then they made the playoffs :wub: my fave FO with hopefully a very long leash.

15 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Yup and at 21 years old he cannot possibly improve any part of his game.  He's already peaked.  Can't believe the front office can't see what casual fans easily see. 

Our FO couldn’t do simple Twitter research.