Allen Over Rosen Reminds Me of

5 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I think the biggest difference between those picks and the Allen pick is no one had maybin over orakpo or whitner over ngata in player rankings. 

A decent number of scouting/mock drafts had Allen as a higher rates qb

People also had Blaine Gabbert over Cam Newton.

this is the problem with draft “experts.” We have no idea what nfl teams draft board actually look like.  Allen could have been a 3rd round pick on some team’s board.

• Like (+1) 2

I have apprehension with any QB pick.  It is always a crapshoot.  If Rosen gets another concussion he could be a wasted pick.  One thing I do see in Allen is that he seems to be a durable body type (read tough).  I cant help but wonder if we couldnt have waited longer and still get him.  Now we dont have the picks to get receivers.  Jumping to conclusions about how he is going to work out is not going to make him better or worse.  Now all we can do is hope for the best.  I hope he is teachable and can read defenses better than what we have had.  It would be nice to see a guy that can get to his second or third read.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, zevo said:

Nobody forcing you to watch the bills...try Arizona...see how it works out for you

That's a very lame way to look at it.  You want nothing but a safe space, an echo chamber, only like minded co-fans, if you feel that way IMO. That's not real life man. I want the Bills to actually be good. This pick will not make the Bills good, it will lead to them spinning their wheels at QB for at least the next 3 years.

Edited by Rosen-not-Chosen

8 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I think the biggest difference between those picks and the Allen pick is no one had maybin over orakpo or whitner over ngata in player rankings. 

A decent number of scouting/mock drafts had Allen as a higher rates qb

I was going to say almost this exact same thing. Allen may not be the right guy, and I was hoping for Rosen, but I dont think it compares to those picks

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

People also had Blaine Gabbert over Cam Newton.

this is the problem with draft “experts.” We have no idea what nfl teams draft board actually look like.  Allen could have been a 3rd round pick on some team’s board.

I strongly doubt that he was a 3rd rd pick on someones board

Whether the pick works out or not, there will be crowds of Bills fans clamoring that they're smarter than Beane, shouting, "See, I told you!"

I've heard scouts say the most difficult part about assessing college QBs is that none of them are NFL ready.  They all have flaws to fix, things to learn.  And so the scouts evaluate film to see how serious the flaws are while at the same time talking to the kid and his coaches to see how coachable he may be.  And then the personnel guys make an educated guess.

There are no certain hits and none of these top QBs are certain misses.  It's really all a matter of odds.  I personally think Allen's odds are longer than Rosen's.   But Beane rolled the dice on Allen so at this point I'm just hoping for the best.  

• Like (+1) 1

I was hoping for Rosen but I have been positive about Allen and defended him hereabouts for awhile. I choose to be optimistic here and will remain so. I worry that people aren't going to give him a chance and will be calling for his head after any and every mistake. I understand people feeling strongly about this, especially those on the board who have been arguing against Allen for quite awhile. The thing is, the debate is over. You can let it go and give him a legitimate shot at winning your support or you can immediately shift into arguing that "they blew it, just wait and see" without missing a beat. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

when the Bills drafted Whitner over Ngata and Maybin over Orakpo.   The fans made the right call in those cases over the Bills' Front Office.  

All I said over and over before the pick was ...please don't pull another Donte Whitner. Sure enough... 

8 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

This is a stupid post.  Go root for another team if you don't like the Allen pick?  Get real  dude.  I m not going to tell you Allen is going to suck, but I would have rather had Rosen and if people are upset about the Allen pick, they don't just have to accept it or find another team.

only thing stupid is people creating new profiles to protest the pic .. people starting new threads when the topic is in 10-15 other threads .. people talking **** how this pick sucks without giving him  a chance... 

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

Whether the pick works out or not, there will be crowds of Bills fans clamoring that they're smarter than Beane, shouting, "See, I told you!"

This franchise has made a hell of a lot of boneheaded picks that the fans "clamored" against, this is another terrible FO draft decision.  It will go down in franchise history as a Maybin-esqe type selection.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

I'm here to chronicle the careers of Rosen vs Allen.  Should be fun.

Beane screwed up, I'll be here beating that drum until Rosen retires.

would you like us to pitch in and buy you a drum ?. If we do, can you post youtube videos every week while your watching the Arizona Cardinals & Josh Rosen play every week. Just wondering if you will in fact follow through. Maybe 2 bills drive fourm can pin your drum post. That way we can keep track of your drumming. I love your passion for Rosen you could also post your drumming posts on Rosen’s twitter feed too. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think the larger point point is you don’t have to act like NFL decision makers always know better than the fans.  

And vice versa

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Those are good examples of the fans being right. Trust me, I was the biggest homer alive then, so I defend those picks.  IMO, this feels like those situations as well.

Also are good examples of fans being wrong, but here is the eternal discussion.

For me is more like when E J was drafted not the situation but for potential of the player

Also  i don't wanted Allen

27 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Agree 100%. Last night I said this was a soul-crushing draft.  All the talent we gave up, all the picks we compiled, for this? I said it before, we gave up 5 premium picks in the first 3 Rounds and an opening day will have one linebacker to show for it and the second coming of EJ Manuel. I'm disgusted.

We gave up draft picks...If the Bills made a bad pick at #7, why do you think they would have picked the right talent with those draft picks...You cannot have it both ways!!!!

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Couldn't care less.  Watch his games and you'll see he has quite a bit to overcome.  Maybe he'll do just that and go on to stardom like we all hope.  We'll see. 

I have watched a few and agree 100 percent that he has a way to go.

I thought it was unfair to him to be compared to guys that were obviously drafted too high from the moment their names got announced