Bills essentially traded a 1st, 2nd, Watkins and Glenn

2 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Yep, the FO hitched their wagons to a project QB in the first round that may or may not be able to understand NFL football.

Just let that sink in.

He understands football just fine.  That's not the reasoned argument against him.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, PIZ said:

So we trade up for a QB that they targeted, and we are complaining?

And we didn’t give up both firsts this year a first next year and a second or two that people wanted to trade to get a QB.   We needed up with two first this year and one will be the starting MLB desperately needed

• Like (+1) 1

Look.  I'm not happy about the Allen pick, but that's a dumb way of looking at it.  We weren't going to resign Watkins.  Glenn wasn't worth the price with his injury issues.  We finally came to the conclusion that Tyrod won't get you to the Superbowl unless you have an amazing all around team.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

They traded 2017 pick 10, 2018 pick 21, 2018 pick 53, a WR they weren’t going to sign, a LT who quit the moment he got paid and Tyrod

They got a potential franchise QB, a potential franchise MLB, what looks like a lock down CB and a mountain of cap space. 

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Yep, the FO hitched their wagons to a project QB in the first round that may or may not be able to understand NFL football.

Just let that sink in.

Where do you get he does not know football- it was acknowledged at the combine he did some of e best whiteboard work.  It sounds like he gets football just fine and is a hard worker.

Let’s see what having a real coaching staff training him is like.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1

This has been said elsewhere and better, but to get it off my chest: How many "big-armed" busts have to be drafted on potential for "experts" to learn? Look no further than E.J. Manuel and J.P. Losman, for god's sake. We all know what comes next: "Give him time, he's still developing"; "It's the scheme, not him"; "he needs a better surrounding cast"; "it's the coordinator!" before finally, five years from now, "Maybe we can get a late-round pick for him from some sucker team."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, PIZ said:

So we trade up for a QB that they targeted, and we are complaining?

I think folks are complaining because they feel Beane was aiming at the wrong target.  I tend to agree, and the EJ comparisons may haunt him his whole career if he doesn't pan out.  

1 minute ago, finn said:

This has been said elsewhere and better, but to get it off my chest: How many "big-armed" busts have to be drafted on potential for "experts" to learn? Look no further than E.J. Manuel and J.P. Losman, for god's sake. We all know what comes next: "Give him time, he's still developing"; "It's the scheme, not him"; "he needs a better surrounding cast"; "it's the coordinator!" before finally, five years from now, "Maybe we can get a late-round pick for him from some sucker team."

woo hooo.. 5 years from now-- we get a late round pick!!! that would be friggin awesome because he would have lasted longer them EJ and many others... again WOOO HOOOO

4 minutes ago, 4thandGoal said:

woo hooo.. 5 years from now-- we get a late round pick!!! that would be friggin awesome because he would have lasted longer them EJ and many others... again WOOO HOOOO

For the Bills sake and especially for the fans. I hope you're dead wrong.

Edited by BeefCurtns
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Where do you get he does not know football- it was acknowledged at the combine he did some of e best whiteboard work.  It sounds like he gets football just fine and is a hard worker.

Let’s see what having a real coaching staff training him is like.

Yep, spot on there, cracker jack.

Never once did i say he didnt know football..........i said he MAY or MAY NOT understand NFL football at this level at this point.

Some guys figure it out and some don't. For some rookie QB's, the game is too complicated and too fast and they can never quite get a handle on whats going.......hopefully Allen can put it all together and make a career out of it.

No. 

2018 21st overall and Glenn was traded for 2018 12th overall

2018 12th overall + 53rd overall (Natural) 56th overall (Watkins) was traded for 2018 7th overall

2018 7th overall was used to select Josh freaking Allen (I know he's amazing :w00t:)

So stop freaking exaggerating.

11 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I think folks are complaining because they feel Beane was aiming at the wrong target.  I tend to agree, and the EJ comparisons may haunt him his whole career if he doesn't pan out.  

No one in their right mind would compare him to EJ. 

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1