Beane comment on the tweets

Xwnyer

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

The tweets were deleted but somebody had taken snapshots of them.  For whatever reason they were brought to light the night before the draft.  I suspect Belichick, naturally.

when did this happen?   

I thought they said he did it when he was a dumb 14 year old.  

He tweeted 6 years ago and someone saved them for this long?  

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They didn’t know because the tweets were deleted months ago. Someone had screen shots that they released the night before the draft.

thanks for the clarity

1 hour ago, timekills17 said:

The episode that Josh Allen was quoting.

In no way to I imply this justifies or makes it acceptable. Simply putting it out there.

"@FelipeeeeMelo_: Bout to show up these Niggas at pong. Gonna do for @j_prodigy_5 @AFlyer5 and @J_Sal_Forever_5.":)

— Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) February 26, 2012

Why are you so white ? — If it ain't white, it ain't right! http://t.co/wsLQKZQWG5

— Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) June 25, 2013

sounds like idiotic teenager "tough talk"  

Does he still say it and think it today as a young adult.  

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

This speaks to the ineptitude of the franchise...

What a disaster.

Maybe it's time to find another team to root for .... looks like the Browns did pretty well last night, there you go.

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

Several teams called him or his agents yesterday to ask for an explanation. Maybe teams don't put that much of a priority on nonsense like this. Maybe they prefer to look at the football side of it.

You mean teams aren’t digging into their past when they were 14 and 15 years old?

I hope they don’t find his medical records when he was 12 and was involved in that car accident while wearing dirty underwear.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

3 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Many people here hate the Allen pick but I a, letting the football people decided who they like best.  One thing I was suprised to hear in the presser last night is that the tweets were unknown to the Bills prior to yesterday morning.   One would have thought that in their due diligence they would have at least looked into social media history of the guy.   Maybe they just looked at current account not for everything ever posted which takes a little more work to find.   But given they likely talked to many people about this kid suprised nothing ever got mentioned.   I like the pick just suprised at the comment about not knowing.

Read this article.  It addresses the tweets..............

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/27/draft-trades-josh-rosen-josh-allen-bills-cardinals-mmqb-peter-king

2 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

I'd prefer them to concentrate on football as well, which boggles the mind on how they selected Allen over Rosen.  They must not be very good at you know, football.

And you are? Why don't you explain to us all how it comes to be that you are so very well qualified.

Ironic that you come to a thread about people saying stupid things on social media, and then you say STUPID things on social media.

And that isn't an insult man. Its a fact. What you said, is STUPID. Unless you can back it up. What are your qualifications here?

I don't like the pick either. I also wanted Rosen. But I on the other hand know that my opinion isn't as important because I am not a professional and I do not have the all the information they do.

What earthly reason can you give to insist that your opinion matters more?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Many people here hate the Allen pick but I a, letting the football people decided who they like best.  One thing I was suprised to hear in the presser last night is that the tweets were unknown to the Bills prior to yesterday morning.   One would have thought that in their due diligence they would have at least looked into social media history of the guy.   Maybe they just looked at current account not for everything ever posted which takes a little more work to find.   But given they likely talked to many people about this kid suprised nothing ever got mentioned.   I like the pick just suprised at the comment about not knowing.

It was more like they didn't known of the recent appearance of the tweets

later he said they talked to teammates and friends about

3 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I honestly don't care about tweets from junior high. Non story to me. I don't see why the Bills would dig into his junior high years if 18-21 years are clean. 

Interesting that people keep walking back his age during the tweets in question. I’ve seen 16-17, 14-15, now junior high. 

Welp, boys will be boys, right?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like (+1) 1

the tweets are not an issue..

I am sure if this man was a racist his team mates would of spilled the beans to Beane

That is unless Wyoming was a 100% white team which I willing to bet is not the case

3 hours ago, Sweats said:

They didn't know that Allen was a racist?

To be accurate, you don't know that Allen is a racist either.

What you know is that when he was 16 and in HS, he made a bunch of tweets echoing lyrics in rap songs and a comedy skit, deleted them, and someone had screen shots and brought them up.

• Like (+1) 1