Beane comment on the tweets

Xwnyer

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

To be accurate, you don't know that Allen is a racist either.

What you know is that when he was 16 and in HS, he made a bunch of tweets echoing lyrics in rap songs and a comedy skit, deleted them, and someone had screen shots and brought them up.

It was sarcasm, son.

If you read the whole post, you'll see that the main point was that the FO saying they didn't know about the tweets is complete malarkey.

25 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Interesting that people keep walking back his age during the tweets in question. I’ve seen 16-17, 14-15, now junior high. 

Welp, boys will be boys, right?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

People have trouble with math sometimes.  2018-2013 = 5

21 - 5 = 16

3 minutes ago, Sweats said:

It was sarcasm, son.

If you read the whole post, you'll see that the main point was that the FO saying they didn't know about the tweets is complete malarkey.

I'm not your son, son.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sweats said:

They didn't know that Allen was a racist?

I find that hard to believe in this day and age with all of the technology right at everyone's fingertips that they didnt do their due diligence and plead ignorance that they didnt know that Allen made those tweets..........or are the rest of Bills nation either just that stupid or just that gullible.

How the !@#$ is what he said racist?  Jesus Christ the pansies in this world who think everything is racist

41 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

This is Beane playing dumb. Does anyone for a minute truly believe a guy as smart as Beane had no idea of the Tweets? In fact, he’s probably the one that leaked them. 

Seems to me it depends upon the quality of the scouting researchers Beane employs & the direction they were given, and not on Beane's smarts.

If they were told to review 4 years of the guy's social media and these tweets are 5 years old, Beane wouldn't know.

OTOH you could be right and he could have been the one who leaked them :D

2 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

If people don't think kids are making jokes like this to each other on a consistent basis, they are in for a world of hurt.

and especially kids in sports together. My boy has been in Basketball all his life and in HS Varsity, and there's always been friendly back and forth with he and his teammates/friends of other races. From the outside you'd think these kids were in the 1940's and all racist with some of the comments I hear/ see. But they truly like each other and get along just fine.

Wasn't there a screen shot of a tweet of him also saying he loves penis? If he had a long history of KKK tweets and propaganda, Confederate flags on his truck, swastikas tattooed on his forehead, then I'd buy all this racist crap. But one tweet? And it was clearly a quote from a show? Get over yourselves.

4 hours ago, Magox said:

His tweets that are allegedly racist from the race baiting peanut gallery were in reference to a song.  Quoting lyrics

Which makes sense to me, since otherwise they were completely incomprehensible to a middle aged white guy like me.  Rule: the n word is completely off limits to white people, no matter how cool/funny they think they're being, and no matter how many black friends they have. Richie Incognito can explain.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Which makes sense to me, since otherwise they were completely incomprehensible to a middle aged white guy like me.  Rule: the n word is completely off limits to white people, no matter how cool/funny they think they're being, and no matter how many black friends they have. Richie Incognito can explain.

I agree.  It's a stupid thing to do, but the intent for me is what matters most.  There was no malicious intent in it, it was something that he did that was stupid when he was a young teenager.  Everyone who has been around him to a tee attests to him being a good young man that is a leader of their group.  For me it's a non story.

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

I agree.  It's a stupid thing to do, but the intent for me is what matters most.  There was no malicious intent in it, it was something that he did that was stupid when he was a young teenager.  Everyone who has been around him to a tee attests to him being a good young man that is a leader of their group.  For me it's a non story.

He was a young teen raised in a conservative rural area. He was young, naive, and ignorant. I would trust what people say about him at Wyoming, especially his teammates.

4 hours ago, ddaryl said:

the tweets are not an issue..

I am sure if this man was a racist his team mates would of spilled the beans to Beane

That is unless Wyoming was a 100% white team which I willing to bet is not the case

The addressees on the tweet (teammates of Allen's) themselves weren't white...

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

when did this happen?   

I thought they said he did it when he was a dumb 14 year old.  

He tweeted 6 years ago and someone saved them for this long?  

I don't know when he deleted those tweets, but I'm guessing it was within the last year.  Given he was a top NFL prospect as far as two years ago, somebody thought it would be prudent to take a snapshot of those tweets in case he deleted them to use against him.

The last thing the team needs is hushed whispers in the locker room (pro Allen and those questioning him amid distrust).

The concept of TEAM should mean We are in this together, not sell-out to a good player in spite of the TEAM. The FO should have thought this through.