Did Terry P push for Allen?

27 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I don't even want to think about the possibility that Pegula was the deciding factor in drafting Allen.  This guy has refused to hire a President of Hockey Operations to run the hockey side of the Sabres, and he refuses to hire someone to fill a similar role with the Bills.

I really hope that Beane makes the final call on all moves...F/A, draft, trades, roster.

He has hired both.  They're called GMs.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

He has hired both.  They're called GMs.

That's the point.  I don't want a fracking tycoon to be the guy hiring the GM's and/or involved in the hiring of the HC...

Murray

Rolston

Bylsma

Housley

Botterill

Rex

Beane

McDermott

That's quite a resume.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

That's the point.  I don't want a fracking tycoon to be the guy hiring the GM's and/or involved in the hiring of the HC...

Murray

Rolston

Bylsma

Housley

Botterill

Rex

Beane

McDermott

That's quite a resume.

You're being naïve if you think that: 1.  Terry didn't make calls around the leagues to people he knows asking about guys for GM and 2, that owners of other teams are not involved in selecting their senior staff,  even if they have a Director of Operations such as you would like.

He made a couple bad picks with Tim Murray and Rex/Whaley.  He realized that, corrected it, and brought in well regarded young men in Beane and Botterill from winning organizations.  Beane and McDermott got things turned around quickly enough to make it to the playoffs last year; Botterill needs more time to clear the roster of guys like O'Reilly who admits he doesn't give it his max effort all the time.  Give these two GMs time and I think we'll be OK on both fronts.

53 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

You guys lost to Nick Foles in the Super Bowl, that one will at least be good for 10 years.

Bills scored 3 points in a playoff game. Lost to Blake Bortles who only threw for 70 plus yards

No. I think the football guys made a football decision . I would have chosen the other Josh, but after seeing the Kim Pegula interview I don't think the owners did any more than give the thumbs up. That likely would have happened with any of the QBs. 

31 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Intelligent decisions. That's it. My bar is very low and yet this organization fails to reach it time and time again no matter who is in charge and/or employed. It's amazing.

Ah, but making the playoffs means nothing to you.  Amazing.

5 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

What does it matter, this franchise just blew it. Pegula allowed that to happen, or even worse, he was complicit. 

Relax Allen will be good af. 

He just needs WRs 

Edited by gr8billsfan

5 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

Pegula is a **** owner and deep down you know it, you just don't want to admit it...

You should probably bail and pick another team bud, because You sure arent a Bills fan the way you are acting. Bills fans are the toughest sob’s on the planet.....Allen was the pick, suck it up. The Pegulas’ are the only reason the Bills are and will stay in Buffalo. Now get a grip....

7 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

Pegula is a **** owner and deep down you know it, you just don't want to admit it...

8 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

What does it matter, this franchise just blew it. Pegula allowed that to happen, or even worse, he was complicit. 

emo-kid.jpg