No matter what you think - Beane got exactly who he wanted

Bakin

I hope it works out for us...really do. 

But what I respect about our GM is that he went out there and GOT THE DAMN PLAYERS HE WANTED. 

Allen wasn’t my first choice and like most here I thought Rosen would be the better pick. 

Obviously Beane didn’t think the same. He could have taken Rosen. He saw something he didn’t like or saw something he preferred in Allen. His hand wasn’t forced. He got what he wanted. 

The cost?  Meh...who knows what is going on behind the scenes and who’s trying to trade up for whom...I wish we had 53 56 and 65 but Beane went after the number one LB and QB on his boards. Respect. 

I was in favour of holding. It wouldn’t have worked out, likely. Maybe Allen would have been there at 12. Maybe not. 

I give props to Beane for going and getting the players he wanted. 

Looking forward to the QB competition and September can’t get here soon enough!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Rosen has had 2 concussions already.  Definitely an issue in the NFL.  Allen has the most upside and Beane is looking to make a dent.  He must have confidence here.  We are not talking about a guy who was rumored to be falling past anything lower than the middle of the first round, and in those mocks other QBs often feel even further.   Let's take a deep breath.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Bakin said:

I hope it works out for us...really do. 

But what I respect about our GM is that he went out there and GOT THE DAMN PLAYERS HE WANTED. 

Allen wasn’t my first choice and like most here I thought Rosen would be the better pick. 

Obviously Beane didn’t think the same. He could have taken Rosen. He saw something he didn’t like or saw something he preferred in Allen. His hand wasn’t forced. He got what he wanted. 

The cost?  Meh...who knows what is going on behind the scenes and who’s trying to trade up for whom...I wish we had 53 56 and 65 but Beane went after the number one LB and QB on his boards. Respect. 

I was in favour of holding. It wouldn’t have worked out, likely. Maybe Allen would have been there at 12. Maybe not. 

I give props to Beane for going and getting the players he wanted. 

Looking forward to the QB competition and September can’t get here soon enough!

Dolphins would have likely taken a QB, but we will always wonder....(unless the Dolphins GM discloses it).

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Fadingpain said:

To the OP;  how in hell do you know Beane got what he wanted?

How do we know this wasn't Plan B, or even C?

There were a number of unexpected picks in the first 10.

I highly doubt he'd have moved up at all if this wasn't exactly who he wanted. He got his man, plain and simple. 

• Like (+1) 2

Great night for Beane. Perhaps Allen is there at #12, maybe the Dolphins take him at #11.  Good call on the move. Tremaine Edmunds was a friggin steal at #16. Wish we still had our two’s, but thats the cost of doing business. 

Bucs were huge winners too

We only know that they had Allen rated higher than Rosen, Rudolph, Jackson, and whoever else gets drafted at QB this year. 

We do NOT know if they had Allen rated higher than Mayfield or Darnold. It's a moot point now.

Just now, RFL said:

Great night for Beane. Perhaps Allen is there at #12, maybe the Dolphins take him at #11.  Good call on the move. Tremaine Edmunds was a friggin steal at #16. Wish we still had our two’s, but thats the cost of doing business. 

Bucs were huge winners too

Just look at it as QB in 1st, LB in 2nd. Still have 6 picks left.

• Like (+1) 1