How long do you give Allen?

Bakin

2 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

It's easier to give someone like Allen alot longer than EJ. EJ had no elite skills. Being that Allen is a height/weight/arm strength prototype, he will naturally get more time imo.

Besides the mentions of Rosen's general douchebaggery, injuries were likely a big factor in why McBeane went with Allen. Even draft grade comparisons put his comp as Bradford. 

Manuel had prototypical size too. He's a huge dude.

1 minute ago, greeneblitz said:

I'd bet money he starts on day one, if not day one within 4 or 5 games, we essentially have 2 scrubs that have like 4 games between them, he'll play.

He's not ready to start. He's not playing. 

13 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Bills fans don’t have any patience for QB development. 

And while I’m somewhat indifferent about the selection of Allen - clearly he’s a good kid, prototypical size, rocket arm, loads of potential - my fear is that our fans will give him 8 games and then set his house on fire if he doesn’t look like the 2nd coming of Elway. 

How many Bills fans would have been ok with Goff starting year 2 - he would have been written off as a bust by 90% of us. 

So my question to you is - assuming JA starts 2018 - how long do you give Him?  6 games?  3 years?  

How long can you, as a fan, hold off from the bust or boom label for our potential franchise QB?

The people who don't like him have already given up on him and declared him a failure.  He will remain a failure in their eyes until he proves them wrong.  So he's already failed in their eyes.

I am willing to give him at least 2-3 years, as long as we see some potential and he at least looks like he has a chance of making it as our NFL starting QB. 

All I want to see is some improvement over time. I was to see Progression, not regression. If he just slowly continues to improve I will be happy and continue to give him time. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He's not playing this year. Accept that.

great. so on top of having the worst mechanics and accuracy out of all his peers drafted in the 1st round, he will be a whole year behind in terms of experience from most of them. 

Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold are all day 1 starters. Peterman will outplay Allen in camp. 

I think this is potentially another EJ situation. Allen is an inaccurate passer with a mediocre completion rate. He waaaay overthrows and underthrows open receivers when he's under pressure. He has no one to sit behind for a year or two to learn the game and improve his skills, and if AJ doesn't come through for us, the Bills will throw Allen to the wolves behind a rickety O-line and mostly mediocre receivers.

I will be surprised if Allen turns out to be a franchise QB. I think the upside is limited to a "hopefully he won't throw the game away" QB.

I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed that the Bills show I'm wrong.

40 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I have a feeling we'll know who he is in 6 games. That's about how long Manuel got. However, my hope is that McCarron makes Cinci look like fools and Allen never plays a snap.

AJM could be the next Jimmy G.......lets see what he’s got.  Beane signed him pretty cheap compared to most, he might look like a genius when all is said and done.