How long do you give Allen?

Bakin

Bills fans don’t have any patience for QB development. 

And while I’m somewhat indifferent about the selection of Allen - clearly he’s a good kid, prototypical size, rocket arm, loads of potential - my fear is that our fans will give him 8 games and then set his house on fire if he doesn’t look like the 2nd coming of Elway. 

How many Bills fans would have been ok with Goff starting year 2 - he would have been written off as a bust by 90% of us. 

So my question to you is - assuming JA starts 2018 - how long do you give Him?  6 games?  3 years?  

How long can you, as a fan, hold off from the bust or boom label for our potential franchise QB?

Edited by Bakin

Just now, Bakin said:

Bills fans don’t have any patience for QB development. 

And while I’m somewhat indifferent about the selection of Allen - clearly he’s a good kid, prototypical size, rocket arm, loads of potential - my fear is that our fans will give him 8 games and then set his house on fire. 

How many Bills fans would have been ok with Goff starting year 2 - he would have been written off as a bust by 90% of us. 

So my question to you is - assuming JA starts 2018 - how long do you give Him?  6 games?  3 years?  

How long can you, as a fan, hold off from the bust or boom label for our potential franchise QB?

It's gonna be a looooooong offseason.

Hard to say, but we also need to remember Rosen suffered two concussions already.  That may be a problem for him going forward in the NFL.  I think Allen is more durable, so you might throw him behind our crappy line earlier and give him this season if he beats out AJ.

Edited by Murdox

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I have a feeling we'll know who he is in 6 games. That's about how long Manuel got. However, my hope is that McCarron makes Cinci look like fools and Allen never plays a snap.

It's easier to give someone like Allen alot longer than EJ. EJ had no elite skills. Being that Allen is a height/weight/arm strength prototype, he will naturally get more time imo.

1 minute ago, Murdox said:

Hard to say, but we also need to remember Rosen suffered two concussions already.  That may be a problem for him going forward in the NFL.  I think Allen is more durable, so you might throw him behind our crappy line earlier and give him this season if he beats out AJ.

Besides the mentions of Rosen's general douchebaggery, injuries were likely a big factor in why McBeane went with Allen. Even draft grade comparisons put his comp as Bradford. 

• Thank you (+1) 1