How long do you give Allen?

Bakin

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Bills fans don't have any patience? They'd better get some.

He should get however much he needs. And no, 90% would not have written off Goff, that's nonsense. Yeah, a mouthy 20% maybe but most Bills fans are actually pretty sensible and aware. You hope he's ready in a year, but if he needs more you deal with it, be patient and deal with the frustration of the fans. That's for starting.

The bust thing has the same answer for everyone. Nobody is a bust in less than 3 three years to smart fans ... nobody ... unless they're out of the league. And some need even more. Eli Manning's light didn't come on till the last few games of his 4th year.

And that’s my point. Many QBs need a few years. Most Bills fans will be crying at the first Ill advised pass or pick. 

Mans not just like ‘oh shucks’ but ‘GET HIM OUT OF HERE’. 

Its gonna be a long row to hoe for Bills fans with Allen. I think it will all depend on the QB coaching that comes with him. 

5 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I think one reason to wait until a full year has transpired before putting Allen in is that I think next year's roster should be a lot more stocked with talent to support him. They will have a full compliment of picks, likely near the top of the draft, and over $100MM in cap space to put some studs on the O-line in front of him and some talented WRs out there to catch the ball.

We are in a rebuild, don't doubt it.  We were fortunate to get in the playoffs last year and it was great that we did, but I expect our record to take a step or two backwards this year.  It is just as important to put a young QB in a position to succeed as it is to draft the right QB.  In a year I think we will have a roster to help Allen succeed, not a roster that he will be expected to carry. 

Its on spotrac Bills only have 63 million in cap space next year. 

5 hours ago, Bakin said:

And that’s my point. Many QBs need a few years. Most Bills fans will be crying at the first Ill advised pass or pick. 

Mans not just like ‘oh shucks’ but ‘GET HIM OUT OF HERE’. 

Its gonna be a long row to hoe for Bills fans with Allen. I think it will all depend on the QB coaching that comes with him. 

And I'm saying I think you're wrong about that point. "MOST" Bills fans will not be crying at the first ill advised pass or pick. Yeah, there will be a mouthy 20% who'll comment wildly. Most fans here are smarter than that. But certainly not all of them. There are people not smart enough to have patience. And they're loud. But most people have a better understanding.

Long row to hoe? Yeah, fair enough.

Not much to be said really, beyond "we'll see," at this point.

5 hours ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

I guess I have no choice but to watch the 3 year trainwreck.  I'm not giving Beane any slack.  Certainly not going to root against Allen, but I think it's a given he will fail.

You're wrong about that. It's not a given, it's just not. But it's certainly a very real possibility.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1