So who starts week 1??

Who starts week 1?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts week 1?

• Allen
    • Mccaron

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Also fair points...but there is more to consider here.  There is a lot to gain by starting AJ...because if he plays well you have trade value next year.  You can trade him to start Allen like how KC flipped Alex Smith to make room for Mahomes.  And if AJ plays great, you can always hold Allen and AJ one more year and see if AJ cements the job and trade Allen instead and get some picks back.  

So, I do think there is more to gain by letting AJ play first.  However, I do see how Allen might win the job outright in camp, and I would be good with that.  But if they are close, I think you let AJ play first.

Was Mccaron's deal a 1 year or 2 year deal? I can't remember. Was it 2 years at 12 mil or something?

Just now, billsfan11 said:

You very may well be correct. But Mccaron is signed for dirt cheap. The Bills in no way are heavily invested in him for this year.

No, of course not, that's why they traded up for Allen.  But they did sign McCarron for a specific reason: to be the bridge!  Everyone wants to pie-in-the-sky like Allen will all of a sudden, now that he's ours, become an instant pro-ready QB, but guess what, peeps, he's still the same dude he was four hours ago!

It's just very straightforward, imo.

2 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

No debate whatsoever. McCarron will start all season. Baring injury obviously 

All season? I disagree with that. You may be certainly be right about week 1. But if AJ stinks up the joint and the Bills start off 1-6, there is a strong chance Allen would see game action

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Was Mccaron's deal a 1 year or 2 year deal? I can't remember. Was it 2 years at 12 mil or something?

Two year deal...so if he has a solid season, we could potentially flip him this offseason if Allen is ready to start.  Or, again if he has a very good season, then we let him payout that 2nd year and see if he keeps the job, and if so they would obviously be in position to move Allen too.  

Personally, I think Allen will eventually win the job, but AJ could play well enough to fetch us a decent draft pick in a trade too.  I mean we just flipped Tyrod for a pretty good draft pick.  Beane is a wizard

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

No, of course not, that's why they traded up for Allen.  But they did sign McCarron for a specific reason: to be the bridge!  Everyone wants to pie-in-the-sky like Allen will all of a sudden, now that he's ours, become an instant pro-ready QB, but guess what, peeps, he's still the same dude he was four hours ago!

It's just very straightforward, imo.

Seattle signed Charlie Whitehurst to be the bridge in 2012 for more money than AJ even In the modern day cap, and Wilson ended up winning the job.

Combined that with teams throwing rookies more into the fire, there is absolutely no guarantee who starts week 1

10 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Hopefully Allen because it means he earned it...

well, that is if McCarron is any good...if McCarron sucks it basically is him being handed the job because they don't want option B...

Bills have quite a collection of hot WAGs(Wives and Girlfriends) going on...McCarron, Allen and Poyer are all married to or dating stunners....

Pic of Allen’s GF?

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Two year deal...so if he has a solid season, we could potentially flip him this offseason if Allen is ready to start.  Or, again if he has a very good season, then we let him payout that 2nd year and see if he keeps the job, and if so they would obviously be in position to move Allen too.  

Personally, I think Allen will eventually win the job, but AJ could play well enough to fetch us a decent draft pick in a trade too.  I mean we just flipped Tyrod for a pretty good draft pick.  Beane is a wizard

You have very reasonable points

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is what i would have said with any of the other top 4 QBs. Just don’t feel he’s ready, which is why I never thought they would take him given their lack of an actual starter in the QB rooms 

If he is playing equally with McCarron then why wouldn't he be ready? For that to be the case McCarron would have to regress.