Beane & McDermott Address the Buffalo Media after Round 1

Another thread with so much bashing of Allen. Are you guys professional scouts? Seriously?? Yes Rosen prob more ready, but Allen has tremendous upside. For those bashing Allen and McBeane for the pick, Stop acting like you know better than the guys who put in countless hours of effort and research. Let's just support Allen, the staff and the bills organization. I said it before, I'll say it again.... God I hope Allen and the staff prove all u negative nelly's wrong!! 

Edited by Bills4life1924
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Sherman said:

Im only hearing the EJ comparisons on Bills boards. Everywhere else compares him to Rothlisberger, Wentz and Newton. 

Usually if they don’t have a clue what the hell they are talking about, they play the EJ Manuel/JP Losman card.

6 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

Another thread with so much bashing of Allen. Are you guys professional scouts? Seriously?? Yes Rosen prob more ready, but Allen has tremendous upside. For those bashing Allen and McBeane for the pick, Stop acting like you know better than the guys who put in countless hours of effort and research. Let's just support Allen, the staff and the bills organization. I said it before, I'll say it again.... God I hope Allen and the staff prove all u negative nelly's wrong!! 

I hate when people have an opinion. They should just blindly agree with whatever our scouts and GMs do. They’re never wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Sherman said:

Im only hearing the EJ comparisons on Bills boards. Everywhere else compares him to Rothlisberger, Wentz and Newton. As a Bills fan I get that we all want to think negatively right away but the potential is there.

He was also talked about as the biggest boom or bust guy so maybe all the comparisons are good. Only time will tell if it’s the good comparisons or EJ. 

That's because national people don't talk about guys that no one knows that well outside of Buffalo, and they try to justify their own boards comparing to the best case potential.  They aren't going to go to the EJ Manuel and JP Losman comparisons because those names are associated with ****ty QB play that is very specific to Buffalo - they'd go with Jamarcus Russel, Ryan Leaf, etc. if they were going to talk about downside - and the media have talked about Josh Allen in that way as well.

Sooooo many people hating.. 

wish I could save most of these lol

First this is nothing like the EJ draft.

They HAD to take a quarterback that year and EJ was the “best” prospect they felt was available.

They didn’t HAVE to take Allen, they traded up cause they WANTED him. 

EJ was supposed to sit, and learn. Kolb slipped and EJ was ruined and shell shocked later that year. 

You also had Marrone and Hackett coaching a raw prospect. 

This coachibg staff sure as hell is not Marrone and Hackett. 

After this last season I am in shock so many of you don’t realize these guys spot talent THEY can work with that a lot of other teams can’t or don’t see potential. 

I feel.a little like a lot of posters are being little babies cause OBD didn’t follow your little mock drafts you’ve been posting for weeks so you could brag how smart you are ??

lets let the guy maybe play a couple downs before crying and trying to run him and the front office out of town. 

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I think Beane just set this franchise back 5 years.

You'd think Bills management would learn from mistakes like JP and EJ. No, triple down and do it again. 56%, maybe another qb with "initials" AJ  will wow the Bills? Allen will be holding a  clipboard for 2 years....

8 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Usually if they don’t have a clue what the hell they are talking about, they play the EJ Manuel/JP Losman card.

Right.

Everyone here who said EJ was waste of time didn't know what they were talking about.

Then the same with Tyrod.

Now we'll be hearing it until Allen is chased out of town too.

Dude doesn't  have transferable skills to the NFL game.

• Like (+1) 1

Many people had Allen as the best QB this year, and up until early today I read that the Browns were still considering either Allen or Mayfield at 1.  CBS gave us an A+ for the pick.  Let's see how it goes.

Edited by Murdox

1 minute ago, suorangefan4 said:

The irony is strong here.

Calling someone racist followed up by calling that same person a hillbilly which is used in a derogatory racist way.

Why do you hate white people so much you racist?

Try harder.  You sound like you probably voted for Trump.

:thumbdown:

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You'd think Bills management would learn from mistakes like JP and EJ. No, triple down and do it again. 56%, maybe another qb with "initials" AJ  will wow the Bills? Allen will be holding a  clipboard for 2 years....

The kicker is, it's totally different management. Except for Russ. He was in the room, 

Hey, can we blame Russ?!

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol.

Seriosuly the EXACT same **** was said about EJ Manuel. 

For real. I can't believe we wasted a year for this.

I know he hasn't played and I'll be happy to be wrong. But it just all feels like such a waste.

41 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Whaley was an absolutely awful public speaker. But his size, athleticism, "ability to play in Buffalo" were all mentioned ad naseum with EJ. Problem was he couldn't play QB. Theirs too much obsession with physical attributes and "being able to play in Buffalo" rather then can the guy actually play QB. 

Allen is similar in those respects to EJ. Way too similar for Bills fans comfort. 

This is so well said.  Lucky for Pats and Packers fans, NE and GB have tropical conditions so their Cali qbs can thrive.

just pick the best qb!

• Like (+1) 1