Beane & McDermott Address the Buffalo Media after Round 1

5 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Yep, and I thought he was smarter than this. This is about the lowest I've ever felt on draft night, and that includes Maybin and Erec Flowers.

I don’t remember the Flowers’ draft but Maybin was more numbness than total disappointment.  But at least they drafted a qb, even though it’s the one I think who is most likely to be a bust.

14 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I'm rooting for both of them. I think edmounds comes in day 1 and plays.  Allen might sit a year.

Two years. If AJ has some success, maybe three. McDermott and Beane playing the long game.

Beane: It's snowy and windy in Wyoming, so lets draft the guy with the same weather conditions. I'm so sick of the Bills drafting QBs based on the weather. Buffalos weather in Sep/Oct/Nov is warm and sunny. Only one month of the season features bad weather. Bradys arm is mediocre at his age, but his accuracy is unmatched and he will still destroy us for another few years. Accurate>>>physical qualities always. 

Edited by Awwufelloff
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Allen is similar in those respects to EJ. Way too similar for Bills fans comfort. 

Im only hearing the EJ comparisons on Bills boards. Everywhere else compares him to Rothlisberger, Wentz and Newton. As a Bills fan I get that we all want to think negatively right away but the potential is there.

He was also talked about as the biggest boom or bust guy so maybe all the comparisons are good. Only time will tell if it’s the good comparisons or EJ. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

"He is Buffalo."

G-damit.   I'm getting so tired of outsiders (the media, and apparently, FO transplants) saying a certain kind of player has to be picked to fit in to Buffalo.   Why can't we just pick the best players, period.   And forget all this "He's Buffalo" sterotyping....

• Like (+1) 6

15 minutes ago, Sherman said:

With EJ I remember them not being able to tell us what they liked. They just kept saying he has “It”. I just remember thinking what the hell does that mean, “It”?

This is for you, my friend.

The good stuff starts around 1:20.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

we just traded away a "really good athlete" 

to draft a less accurate "really good athlete" 

Beane is the most overrated GM in Bills history. dude traded so much top young talent and we end up picking a racist hillbilly 

He made the playoffs in his first season as GM after trading away all this “talent”. 

• Like (+1) 2

I really wish we can stop with this weather nonsense. We get it, it gets cold and there is snow on the ground in the winter. Why does it have to make up the identity of our offense? This whole run the ball and drafting QBs with big hands to throw it in the swirling winds blah blah blah

Just once I’d like to draft a guy who is good at actually passing the ball and gets to rip it on Sundays. I foresee the next several years of being an offense that has the fewest passing attempts simply because our QBs suck at it. Three yards and a cloud of dust buecause we are a blue collar town and that’s what we deserve

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 3

Geez, the overall reaction on this board is depressing and ridiculous.  Those who don't like the Allen pick obviously know much more about football than our front office and should have been in the war room instead.  There was nothing we could do within reason to get Mayfield or Darnold, so it boils down to all of you being pissed about not getting Josh Rosen.   Rosen is a good prospect, no doubt but given the status of our o-line, he may get hit again and again.  Two concussions in one season is a big red "flag" concerning his durability.  Believe what you want about his personality, but I wonder about how coachable he is.  Not convinced he is a better long-term option for the Bills.

I like Allen's size and abilities.  He may take longer to develop, but you all need to give him, our GM and coaching staff a chance to show they know more than us fans.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I really wish we can stop with this weather nonsense. We get it, it gets cold and there is snow on the ground in the winter. Why does it have to make up the identity of our offense? This whole run the ball and drafting QBs with big hands to throw it in the swirling winds blah blah blah

jist once I’d like to draft a guy who is good at actually passing the ball and let’s him rip it on Sundays. I foresee the next several years of being an offense that has the fewest passing attempts simply because our QBs suck at it. Three yards and a cloud of dust buecaise we are a blue collar town and that’s what we deserve

These idiots seem to overlook the fact that the only success this franchise has ever really had since the merger was defined by playoff wins in Buffalo in January with an innovative, attacking, passing offense.

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1