Beane & McDermott Address the Buffalo Media after Round 1

4-26: Beane and McDermott Post First Round Presser (8:09)

4-26: Beane and McDermott Post First Round Presser Part 2 (5:27)

MCDERMOTT: "YOU LOOK FOR GUYS WHO CAN MAKE PLAYS" (19:51)
Bills general manager Brandon Beane and head coach Sean McDermott talk about selecting quarterback Josh Allen and linebacker Tremaine Edmunds in the first round of the NFL Draft.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Beane & McDermott Addressing the Buffalo Media after Round 1

Great - he has good measurables, and is a good athlete that is only so so at playing QB.  Sweet pick.  Way to turn 6 picks in the first three rounds (2 in each) into Josh Allen, a pretty good looking, but inexperienced 19 yr old LB and a late 3rd round pick.  I see that you did this draft right in Doug Whaley's honor.     

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

we just traded away a "really good athlete" 

to draft a less accurate "really good athlete" 

Beane is the most overrated GM in Bills history. dude traded so much top young talent and we end up picking a racist hillbilly 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Green Lightning said:

From my seat we just gave up five premier picks to get the second coming of EJ Manuel and a good linebacker. We gave away all this talent to get these pics and this is what we have to show for it. It's a bleak night.

Allen will either make or break Beane's Buffalo career.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Allen will either make or break Beane's Buffalo career.

Anyone got the odds on that one?  I'm going with break - all in.  Actually I'd even say it will be this draft in general, because this was the restock the cupboard draft after jettisoning lots of pretty talented players.  Sure you needed to get a QB, but giving away even more assets to move up again?  Come on man.  That's blowing your load before you even get started.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol.

Seriosuly the EXACT same **** was said about EJ Manuel. 

With EJ I remember them not being able to tell us what they liked. They just kept saying he has “It”. I just remember thinking what the hell does that mean, “It”?