Bills Done Until Pick 96 Tomorrow - Beane Says the Bills Could Trade Up

You don't expect 96 and lower to be stars; hopefully, you get a couple of contributors with those picks. But getting rid of the 2nd round and 65 picks means that Allen and Edmunds must be stars...and soon. 

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

I would guess concussions and fumbleitis? Not to mention being a warm weather guy. Hey...water under the bridge now.....focus in on Allen!

It is going to need a lot of focus. I wish him well. He has a long, long way to go. 

10 hours ago, Mopreme said:

Agreed.  One of those guys would have been available at 12. Giving up 2 picks in the 2nd is hard to swallow. Could have addressed some serious needs there.  

Disagree.  Zona was jumping us for sure and depending who they took Miami may have taken Rosen or traded back.  

16 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They added a 5th and a 7th so now have a 3rd, 4th, 2 5th, 6th and a 7th. They may still move around the board. Hopefully they can get an OL and a WR at 96 and 121. Maybe something like Tyrell Crosby and Dante Pettis?

Sorry... where did the seventh come from?

Oooops... I didn't realize that Tampa threw in a 7th rounder as part of the Josh Allen swap last night.

16 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Rome

Correct... Jim Rome wasn't built in a day.

I seem to remember that the LB MIlano was taken in the 5th round last year... and he had basically become a starter by the end of the season.  Maybe they can do that again...

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I might be mistaken. I thought that they got one in one of those deals.

You were right... I missed it.

Edited by Jamie Mueller

15 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Franchise QB of the O and D!! Let's gooooooooo bufffffaloooo

This!

Since McDermott came people have said that the most important role on his defense is a rangy, sideline-to-sideline ILB (a Luke Kuechly type) and Beane has been clear that you have to have a franchise QB (as if we all didn't know that anyhow). The Bills went out and shored up the two most important spots on this team with 1st round talent. Both picks could be argued to be value picks, BPA (I know Allen detractors won't agree with that, but...), and fit our needs. Will it work out? Only time will tell, but I love that they were aggressive in trying to get long-term solutions at those two spots. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Bills Done Until Pick 96 Tomorrow - Beane Says the Bills Could Trade Up