RD 1, Pick 16: Tremaine Edmunds OLB - Virginia Tech

SDS

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Maybe:

Hughes-Washington-Lotulelei-Lawson

Milano-Edmunds-Alexander?

Humber/Williams sub package? No idea tbh

Trent Murphy will start over Lawson IMO.  Milano and Edmunds both have speed.  I wonder if there is a fast LB to play SAM that the Bills have their eyes on day 2 or 3?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Trent Murphy will start over Lawson IMO.  Milano and Edmunds both have speed.  I wonder if there is a fast LB to play SAM that the Bills have their eyes on day 2 or 3?

That would be a very young LB group...I think they want to keep a vet in there.

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Griffin?

Sorry if someone has posted the same thing earlier.  I'm excited to see the flexibility that Edmunds gives the Bills on defense.  Edmunds should be comfortable inside or outside, and excell wherever he is.  Milano is smaller and not the same athlete as Edmunds, BUT he can run and can play inside or outside.  Not sure who the third LB will be.  It may depend on the situation, and of course a significant percentage of the time the Bills will be in nickel.  Neither Edmunds nor Milano should be a liability at pass coverage.  Put that all together, and McDermott can switch these guys around to get the best matchups in every situation.   Edmunds, in particular has the size and speed to cover any tight end in the league and not be a liability, even Gronk.

50 minutes ago, Pete said:

Some options as Sam:

Darius Leonard

Nick DeLuca

Lorenzo Carter

Dorance Armstrong

Uchenna Nwosu

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo

All pretty athletic guys who are very long. 34+ arms. 

4 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

He'll open as the starter, but he won't be the QB of the D yet. Plays will come through Alexander or Hyde imo.

Beane says he will start out as an MLB (but clarified he won’t necessarily *start*, needs to earn that). Lorax said he or Kyle or Hyde will call out the play until he’s ready. They will bring him along. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

54 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Come week 1 he'll be the starter :)

You must be pumped! 

I think he will take the job quickly but I do like the earn it attitude from McBeand instead of the “starter off the bus” or whatever the heck it was.

Edited by Commonsense

Just now, Commonsense said:

You must be pumped! 

I think he will take the job quickly but I don’t like the earn it attitude from McBeand instead of the “starter off the bus” or whatever the heck it was.

He's a good kid and a hard worker. I think he's in fantastic hands with McD!

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s funny that the pick most people like has so many less responses. :)

Actually we took Corey Moore from V Tech and I believe Keon Carpenter. I’m a buzzkill.

Wasn't there a safety with a weird last name back in the early/mid 2000s?