Matt Miller: Jets' Coaches Making a Late Push for Allen

11 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

i don't even think that much. 12 and a 2nd. maybe a 2nd next year but not 2 this year

It goes Baker - Barkley - Allen.  Browns phone doesn't ring, they are forced to take Chubb.  Broncos phone doesn't ring, Chubb is gone, suddenly they are calling Beane "hey Billy, sorry I tried to bust you up for 3 1st rounders.  How about just 12 / 53 / 97."  Beane is quiet for a beat.  "John, is your phone ringing?"  "I'll be honest with you no, it hasn't been Billy"  "John, I'll tell you what I'm going to do.  22 / 53 / 56 / 97 for 5."  Elway looks around the room.  His value chart intern says "It comes close to checking out boss, we lose, but it's close", Elway, seeing the time ticking down on his pick relents "You've got a deal Billy".

Bills take Darnold at 5, still have 12 / 65 / all future draft picks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

It goes Baker - Barkley - Allen.  Browns phone doesn't ring, they are forced to take Chubb.  Broncos phone doesn't ring, Chubb is gone, suddenly they are calling Beane "hey Billy, sorry I tried to bust you up for 3 1st rounders.  How about just 12 / 53 / 97."  Beane is quiet for a beat.  "John, is your phone ringing?"  "I'll be honest with you no, it hasn't been Billy"  "John, I'll tell you what I'm going to do.  22 / 53 / 56 / 97 for 5."  Elway looks around the room.  His value chart intern says "It comes close to checking out boss, we lose, but it's close", Elway, seeing the time ticking down on his pick relents "You've got a deal Billy".

that would be incredible. we trade back for a first next year and a third this year

4 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

There’s nothing wrong with dreaming BIG! 

Waking up might be a letdown. Let’s hope the dream is real....

32 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Smoke.

But:

1) Baker

2) Barkley

3) Allen

That's about the best start to the draft one could hope for from our perspective.

That would be amazing. Only the Browns and the Jets could pull that off, haha.

If the top of the draft goes like this and the Bills get Darnold/Rosen it will be the perfect draft for Buffalo.

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

This is the Jests pathetic attempt to trick everyone in case someone trades up to 2. 

Agree. Since when does Allen's racist high school tweets that were just revealed demand a late rush by the Jokers to get Allen. Only a moron would not see this is a trick to fool others. If anything, teams would want to distance themselves from such supposed Allen considerations, after that news broke.