Matt Miller: Jets' Coaches Making a Late Push for Allen

Just now, kdiggz said:

Yes Beane says they look at mock drafts and rumors as well as sources to help identify other team's picks

I would think they care a helluva lot more about their draft board than what the media mocks given the respective track records.

3 minutes ago, ThunderGun said:

If Rosen/Darnold are sitting there at 5, I can't see Elway passing up on one of them or trading out of that spot.  Buffalo will have to get 4 in order to be certain they can land their guy.  Still hoping crossing my fingers that Allen/Darnold go 1/3 and then Buffalo gets its pick of Baker(!) or Rosen, I'd be happy with either, but preferably Mayfield.

Elway is stuck with “sunglasses at night” Paxton Lynch... he will take a CB

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I would think they care a helluva lot more about their draft board than what the media mocks given the respective track records.

They do both. They obviously need to figure out who other teams might take so they can see who will be available to them. They do mock drafts internally as well

Just now, kdiggz said:

They do both. They obviously need to figure out who other teams might take so they can see who will be available to them. They do mock drafts internally as well

All teams do and that would have more credence. 

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

I can't be the only one feeling like somehow Beane is going to walk out of this with Rosen or Darnold and only having given up 12 / 53 / 56.

Would make for a great night.

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

I can't be the only one feeling like somehow Beane is going to walk out of this with Rosen or Darnold and only having given up 12 / 53 / 56.

i don't even think that much. 12 and a 2nd. maybe a 2nd next year but not 2 this year

6 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

Seems like smoke, potentially to trick bills into thinking they don’t need to trade up to 2.

My gut instinct all along has been that the Jets (and Bills for that matter) would be higher on Allen than they were on Mayfield or Rosen. But having said that, I could easily see the sudden rumors of the Jets preferring both Josh's over Darnold as a smokescreen. It accomplishes one of two things:

1. If the Bills want one of the Josh's and the Jets want Darnold, it gets the Bills to sacrifice valuable assets to move up higher than necessary to get their guy.

2. If the Bills want Darnold and the Jets want Darnold, it gets the Bills to think they can safely wait and move up to 4 or 5 instead of 2 and end up allowing the Jets to get their guy instead.

Edited by DCOrange

2 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

Seems like smoke, potentially to trick bills into thinking they don’t need to trade up to 2.

Agreed.  In what world would a coaching staff on its last legs be banging the table for a guy who has to sit a year like Allen? I actually think Darnold is more ready to play than Allen but needs to sit also.  This is why you don’t give up the farm for pick 3 two months before the draft.  Mayfield and Rosen could both be gone by 3.  

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

i don't even think that much. 12 and a 2nd. maybe a 2nd next year but not 2 this year

Something similar is what I'm thinking. Maybe throw in a late rounder this year and a late rounder next year.  But I don't see them throwing like 4-5 picks from this year in the trade, they have way too many holes to fill.

I'm hoping 12/22 to the Broncos 5 and maybe a 4th or 5th.  12 will still get you a top 10 talent with the expected run on QBs.