LaCanfora: Bills Doubling Back on Rosen

38 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If we draft Rosen is the board gonna crash?

If we don’t draft Rosen, is the board gonna crash? 

Is it too soon to start a thread that we gave up too much?

.... or a thread that we should have given up more to get “the right guy”?

Will this be like game days with no new threads?

Or like every other day for the last month with a new QB thread every time I blink?

OK, this is just nervous energy now.....  

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Most technically sound QB in the draft who makes every throw asked of an NFL QB with timing, anticipation, and accuracy all while going through progressions and manipulating coverage.  Has no issue playing from under center with 3, 5, and 7 step drops.  Not sure what you do not see here. 

I went through and watched four games of each of the top five quarterbacks and came away having these issues with Rosen

Not a consistent winner (56%)

Not overly athletic and will struggle moving in and outside of the pocket. 

Accuracy will drop when asked to throw on the move. 

Has a tendency to hold the ball too long

Struggles with accuracy on deep passes

While he has good mechanics overall he tends to throw off his back foot or across his body

Batted balls were surprising

I still think this is they guy they are aiming for.

No, I don't think they are all sitting in a room a few hours before the draft thinking "hmmm...maybe we need to reevaluate our options".

I believe they've had a guy this whole time that they have wanted, and only the press now is catching up to who that is.

I've seen some interviews with Rosen and the more I watch the kid talk, the more I like him.

Peyton Manning looked the Colts dead in the eyes in 98 and said "if you don't pick me, I'm going to spend the next 15 years kicking your a$$". That sounds like something Rosen would say, and he has the skillset and mentality to back it up.

14 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I went through and watched four games of each of the top five quarterbacks and came away having these issues with Rosen

Not a consistent winner (56%)

Not overly athletic and will struggle moving in and outside of the pocket. 

Accuracy will drop when asked to throw on the move. 

Has a tendency to hold the ball too long

Struggles with accuracy on deep passes

While he has good mechanics overall he tends to throw off his back foot or across his body

Batted balls were surprising

Sounds painful.

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Take this for what you will. PFT is now saying the Jets are taking Rosen at #3.  Which would mean if the Bills do trade to #4, they’d need an additional trade with NYG or they would need to cross their fingers that the Jets take.

Or perhaps Allen is the guy after all?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/26/report-jets-will-take-josh-rosen-over-sam-darnold-if-both-are-on-the-board/

34 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Most technically sound QB in the draft who makes every throw asked of an NFL QB with timing, anticipation, and accuracy all while going through progressions and manipulating coverage.  Has no issue playing from under center with 3, 5, and 7 step drops.  Not sure what you do not see here. 

Yeah, other than injuries the only concern I have is his propensity to be too agressive, sometimes forcing balls when he shouldn't. That said, he got noticibly better at this last season. 

Rosen is the best QB, right now, in this draft. If he avoids Bradford like injuries he’ll be a fantastic long term answer at the QB position for whoever drafts him.