LaCanfora: Bills Doubling Back on Rosen

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is the best Quarterback in the class. I'd sell the farm, my parents' farm, the neighbour's farm, Old McDonald's farm and any other farm I could get my hands on. 

I didnt say he isnt...I said there are RISKS associated with him.  I think Baker is the best QB prospect in the draft personally, and I would have Rosen either 1 or 2 in this draft without the risks.  But, again, durability and likability issues give him more risks than some of the other guys IMO.  I will love picking him, but the risks make me concerned to where I prefer not to go to #2 to get him and grab him between 5 and 12 for less.  He wont go in the top 4 IMO.  

• Like (+1) 2

Lol at the people talking about behind this ol stuff, we will have other draft picks to add to the line, plus if the line is that bad AJ will start. About the concussions, mayfield also had two last year no one mentions him with concussion concerns tho

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

This is my main issue with Rosen and it's a real one. I don't want a QB where you hold your breath everytime he drops back. The comparison to Eli someone made was ridiculous, Eli is an ironman. You just get the sense that that's definitely not the case with Rosen.

Yeah I agree...I would actually be less concerned if the injuries were more "bad luck"...like when Stafford got in the league and people thought he was injury prone because a couple of early injuries.  But concussion issues are a real scary thing because once you have them they get easier to get and they can occur on just about any play where the QB is hit.  Add in our Swiss cheese OL right now and it makes me nervous about Rosen.  Again, I will be excited to have a guy like him in terms of quality or prospect, but I think his risks make him not worthy of trading the farm to go get at #2, and I personally think he will definitely fall out of the top 4 or 5 and could slide to us at 12.  So if he is the target, I wouldn't want to go higher than the Broncos at 5 to get him personally.  

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didnt say he isnt...I said there are RISKS associated with him.  I think Baker is the best QB prospect in the draft personally, and I would have Rosen either 1 or 2 in this draft without the risks.  But, again, durability and likability issues give him more risks than some of the other guys IMO.  I will love picking him, but the risks make me concerned to where I prefer not to go to #2 to get him and grab him between 5 and 12 for less.  He wont go in the top 4 IMO.  

I think he has fewer risks but there you go. The concussions worry me a tad... but Baker has had two as well, nobody seems to mention that. Personality concerns? They are absolute hogwash in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

With the Offense line the Bills currently field Rosen would not finish the Ravens opening game. If they trade up for him they have no offensive line. 

This line of thinking presented to you by 18 years of playoff futility!

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think he has fewer risks but there you go. The concussions worry me a tad... but Baker has had two as well, nobody seems to mention that. Personality concerns? They are absolute hogwash in my opinion. 

You can say they are hogwash all you want, but you are literally posting that in a thread where the OP of this thread specifically states the Bills looking into "how to reach him" and stuff like that.  So this is where I have to disagree that its all "hogwash" when people are researching how to manage his personality and get through to him.  Not to mention, his college coach who knows better than any of us, has spoken about how things regarding on how he needs to be managed and engaged.  

In the end, it may or not be a big deal...but the fact people need to figure that out makes him have a little bit more risk than a guy who doesnt have those question marks.  Personally, the bigger of the 2 concerns is the durability.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

This line of thinking presented to you by 18 years of playoff futility!

I mean it's way better to just draft Oline and run the wildcat every play for the next 3 years at least because next year's draft class is putrid at QB while this one is solid. Everyone knows that! 

27 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thats my big concern on Rosen...he seems to have likability issues and then the injury concerns.  I will be excited to have such a talented prospect at QB, but I feel like he has the most risks of the top 4 or 5 guys because of those 2 factors.  He also has one of the highest ceilings though, so I will totally be excited about him coming in still.  But, he is the one I would be the most uncomfortable making a BIG trade up for just because he has the most risk IMO.  Multiple concussions is very concerning, especially given the state of our OL.  Doesnt matter how talented you are if you cant stay on the field. 

I don't think ROsen has any more injury concerns than any of the guys coming out. He had 2 concussions last year, I hear ya but Mayfield had 2 concussions in 2 of the final 3 games in 2016 but came back fine the next year. All of these guys have been injured as almost all of nfl players have been too. Its part of the game.