Why Do You Think Bills Are Waiting to Make a Deal

Irv

If the Bills are moving up, why wait until tonight?  Couldn't make a deal?  Never intended to move up?  Not saying wrong or right - just difficult to figure out the strategy. 

1 minute ago, Irv said:

If the Bills are moving up, why wait until tonight?  Couldn't make a deal?  Never intended to move up?  Not saying wrong or right - just difficult to figure out the strategy. 

Teams are going to listen to offers right up until it's their turn to pick.

• Like (+1) 1

If reports are they like 1 QB then they're likely going to see if he falls to a place they can grab him and not sacrifice the rest of the draft for him. I think the QB Cleveland takes at 1 could really help or hurt the Bills chances on getting their guy. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 3

Because they need to see how the draft starts to fall. If Mayfield goes 1 maybe they wasn't to get to 2 for Darnold but if Darnold goes 1 then maybe they think 2 is too high for Allen when they can get him or rosen maybe at 5 or 6 and give up less. Id bet they just wanna see how things play out. Im sure they have talked to most of the teams in front of them to cover every scenario and have some trades worked out in principle already

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 947 said:

Why would they move without knowing who will be on the board at the pick in question? If they move up, it'll be while that team is on the clock & their QB is available.

I'll answer a question with a question - why did the Jets move up weeks ago vs waiting until tonight? 

Edited by Irv

Assuming you're trolling here, so I will suggest we shut down the thread.

The Browns haven't disclosed who they're going to pick so the Giants want to see. Everything else is dependent upon that. This is common sense.

• Like (+1) 1

Waiting on the fax repair man...

But seriously, it all depends on who the Browns take at 1.  If they go with Mayfield or Allen, the Bills probably don't need to go to 2 to get their guy, they can afford to go to 4. 

Edited by ricojes
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Irv said:

imo, the Bills are waiting to make a trade. Because they enjoy reading the stoopid threads you start?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

I wouldn't trade down until the last moment .  teams are leveraging other teams this will go on all day , unless somebody is willing to over pay with it take it or leave it offer   

This.  Or maybe they enjoy pissing off impatient fans!

• Like (+1) 2