Do the Bills now have the upper hand in trade negotiations?

23 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

With the plethora of “good” QBs available this year, coupled with the number of willing trade partners from 2-6. It almost seems like the teams at the top are now competing to trade down to acquire Buffalo’s picks. Buffalo can conceivably stand pat at 12 and keep their other first. All That considered, this should be as favorable a year as possible for a QB trade up.

The team that begs the most gets our picks.

8 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

if im the bills, i try to trade next years 1 instead of this years #22.  so move up using 12, one of the 2nd rounders,  and next years 1. 

i *think* the giants should go for that, because presumably, we are starting a rookie QB and so our 1st next year is a high pick.   So the giants pass on a QB and stay w Eli.  if they are right, then they get extra guys to put around him.  if they are wrong, they have presumably 2 high 1st round picks next year to get his replacement.  

i think that will work for no.4 ,but not 2. i would really like to keep 22 and the rest. that would be perfect....actually 12 and giving the browns back 65 and next yrs.1st would be better.

40 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

if im the bills, i try to trade next years 1 instead of this years #22.  so move up using 12, one of the 2nd rounders,  and next years 1. 

i *think* the giants should go for that, because presumably, we are starting a rookie QB and so our 1st next year is a high pick.   So the giants pass on a QB and stay w Eli.  if they are right, then they get extra guys to put around him.  if they are wrong, they have presumably 2 high 1st round picks next year to get his replacement.  

You heard about what the Jets gave up to move up 3 spots from 6th to 3rd, right?

You think the Giants, who probably have multiple teams inquiring, would drop from 2nd to 12th for only a 2nd and a 1st next year? Gentlemen wouldn't make it through his first off season as GM to become the fastest GM fired ever.

The Jets set the bar with their trade the draft value chart can be thrown out the window this year, only way it comes down is if a team desperately wants to move down and are going to just take the best offer made to them.

I think people here are really overvaluing the Bill's picks. Sure they have a bunch, but the best ones are out of the top 10 and it's more quantity over quality as most are in the middle of the rounds. Next years first is most likely to be a 10-20 pick also.

Teams may look at the Bill's and like the quantity they could ask for, but may look at a bunch of other teams and prefer the quality of them.

3 hours ago, cage said:

Bills have advantage over other teams looking to trade up as they can offer 2 firsts... they don't have much of any advantage in getting a better (less expensive) deal to get into the top five.  It all has to add up on the draft value chart and to get to #2 may even have to pay a premium.  The other teams can't get there as easily as they don't have the draft capital we have.

The Jets changed the math on trades after what they paid to move from 6 to 3.

The old draft value chart probably doesn't mean much anymore.  Just gets you in the ballpark.