Bold Draft Day Prediction

theRalph

A seismic draft day trade is occurring, engineered by Brandon Beane. The word is finally out that the Browns will select Baker Mayfield with the first pick. The Bills who have targeted Sam Darnold for months, sent a team to Cleveland yesterday on the Pegula jet that returned last night. That meeting completed the deal that's unfolding, the same one hinted at by nfl.com analyst Bucky Brooks last week. The Bills have traded the 12th pick, 56th .and 95th pick to Denver in exchange for the 5th pick. The Bills then swap picks with the Giants 2nd overall, giving the Giants the 5th pick and the 53rd pick. Then the Giants swap with the Browns and surrender that 53rd pick for the right to draft two spots down from their original slot and still take Barkley. And the Browns, at 5 can either draft Chubb or trade down further. Truly believe these guys have worked together to fairly distribute the picks so that each team can take the guy they really want. 

The Draft

1. Cleveland Browns select Baker Mayfield - Dorsey traded for Tyrod Taylor for a reason, and not simply because Tyrod finally led the Bills to the playoffs leaving the Browns as the team with the longest playoff drought. Other signings like Jarvis Landry seem to hint at an offense with a moving QB. Mayfield fits the profile of someone to groom to step into a Tyrod style offense, but one where throws are actually attempted. Another hint to this selection is the fact that Hue Jackson will coach another season in 2018. It makes sense to keep your offensive guru head coach when you've signed a mobile QB and are drafting another mobile QB with scary accuracy.  

2. Buffalo Bills select Sam Darnold. Brandon Beane engineers a skyscraper trade to secure the QB they really want. It was a must to get in front of the Jets, as they likey select Darnold if he is still there at #3. The Bills have coveted Darnold since before the news in August that there was high interest. The trade is the story of the draft. Now it's Daboll's turn to create an offense.  

3. New York Jets Select Josh Rosen - Newly promoted Jet's Offensive Coordinator Jeremy Bates had been the quarterbacks coach. Jet's ownership wants results from Todd Bowles, and Bowles responds with "give me a quarterback, not a project"...such as Hackenberg or even Geno Smith. Bowles has a serviceable starter in Josh McCown, but Josh Rosen is reportedly the most NFL ready prospect and gives Bowles a ready made Game 5 starter.  Rosen is perfect for the Jets and New York City.

4. New York Giants select Saquon Barkley - There is a great belief that Eli Manning can still win in New York. Barkley is the perfect weapon for Manning. The Giants work with Brandon Beane and get the guy they wanted all along plus a second round pick. The Bills still select again in the first round with their original 22nd pick.

5. Cleveland Browns select Bradley Chubb -  The Browns grab the best player in the draft for the second year in a row....or they trade #5 pick to Arizona Cardinals in exchange for Cards #15, #47 and their 2019 first round pick, whereupon the Cards would select...Josh Allen. 

Edited by theRalph

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills get to 2 without giving up 22 OR next year’s 1st???  I’m dying if true 

Where did you hear this?!?!?!?!

I guess I should have read theRalph's post a little closer.

Edited by PIZ

I might believe that part about getting from 12 to 5 for the 56th and 96th pick.  Given that it cost the Jets 3 2nd round picks (both this year are better picks than the Bills 2 2nd rounders) to get from 6 to 3, I don't see how it would only cost a late 2nd to go from 5 to 3.

If this came to pass, I'd be thrilled, but it seems to me that they'd need to give up more than that to get from 12 to 2.

22 minutes ago, theRalph said:

A seismic draft day trade is occurring, engineered by Brandon Beane. The word is finally out that the Browns will select Baker Mayfield with the first pick. The Bills who have targeted Sam Darnold for months, sent a team to Cleveland yesterday on the Pegula jet that returned last night. That meeting completed the deal that's unfolding, the same one hinted at by nfl.com analyst Bucky Brooks last week. The Bills have traded the 12th pick, 56th .and 95th pick to Denver in exchange for the 5th pick. The Bills then swap picks with the Giants 2nd overall, giving the Giants the 5th pick and the 53rd pick. Then the Giants swap with the Browns and surrender that 53rd pick for the right to draft two spots down from their original slot and still take Barkley. And the Browns, at 5 can either draft Chubb or trade down further. Truly believe these guys have worked together to fairly distribute the picks so that each team can take the guy they really want. 

theRalph............ is this your thoughts on what is going on, or do you have some insider knowledge?  I see you have been a TBD member since 2014, so you don't appear to be a Dunkirk Don, Chadwick Chad, or Derby Dan type.  Very interesting and it would be AWESOME!

48 minutes ago, PIZ said:

theRalph............ is this your thoughts on what is going on, or do you have some insider knowledge?  I see you have been a TBD member since 2014, so you don't appear to be a Dunkirk Don, Chadwick Chad, or Derby Dan type.  Very interesting and it would be AWESOME!

No insider knowledge. Bucky Brooks reported this almost 2 weeks ago. Pegula's jet did, in fact travel to and return from Cleveland last evening. I could be wrong on the pick costs...but I'm certain of this 1-5 alignment. Arranged by 3 teams that own 4 out of the 5 top picks. I don't know those guys...so I don't know what you mean.