The Final Straw: We can't draft Josh Allen

KDIGGZ

I would love to see the Bills draft Allen just so I can think of all the heads of dubious Bills fans exploding all over western New York.:lol:

Seriously, I love the kid and if the Bills don't get him I only hope he doesn't end up in the AFC East.

1 hour ago, greeneblitz said:

Oh, I so hope we draft Josh Allen, Bills fans have some type of psycho grudge against him, it will be great, Josh Allen is probably the best QB in the entire draft, the only question is about when he'll be ready, probably not till year 2.

Don't confuse big and strong with "best QB."

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Why draft Josh Allen and not even visit Lamar Jackson? They have pretty much the same warts. Pretty much the same strengths. Only Jackson is more explosive with the ball in his hands and is faster...and Allen has a bigger arm.

Just seems odd. Beane said some would be brought in as a smokescreen. I think Allen is one of those guys. Right now we are hearing Allen to Buffalo because...well "Bills". It's a move that this franchise would have done in the past. I think Beane is playing the talking heads a bit and if Darnold doesn't go 1 he will be here. Jmo

Agreed.

If Allen doesn't go #1, and we don't pick him, who is Allen going to go to?

I've said for a while I think the attention he's been getting has been smoke. He's a severely flawed prospect who belongs in the 3rd or 4th round and the thought of him going in the top 10 is crazy. Every detailed scouting report paints a picture of a guy who has next to no hope of being successful in the NFL because his accuracy and decision making is so poor. 

If we pick him I'll be sick. 

2 hours ago, Figster said:

High wonderlic score does suggest an ability to understand sophisticated O's and D's 

Add the ability to thread the needle from 40 yards away and we might be on to something in my humble opinion.

with all due respect sir

Allen will in all likelihood will be gone before Buffalo's selection so I wouldn't worry...

He might understand the Xs and Os in the class room but it doesn't mean he can execute on the field. Some guys have it and other don't. 

And there's minimal proof he can thread the needle from 40 yards. He might be able to throw a football through a brick wall, but we're talking about a guy who struggles to complete screen passes. He can't execute the basics on a consistent basis. 

43 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Agreed.

If Allen doesn't go #1, and we don't pick him, who is Allen going to go to?

I've said for a while I think the attention he's been getting has been smoke. He's a severely flawed prospect who belongs in the 3rd or 4th round and the thought of him going in the top 10 is crazy. Every detailed scouting report paints a picture of a guy who has next to no hope of being successful in the NFL because his accuracy and decision making is so poor. 

If we pick him I'll be sick. 

He might understand the Xs and Os in the class room but it doesn't mean he can execute on the field. Some guys have it and other don't. 

And there's minimal proof he can thread the needle from 40 yards. He might be able to throw a football through a brick wall, but we're talking about a guy who struggles to complete screen passes. He can't execute the basics on a consistent basis. 

Albeit Allens dump offs and bubble screens didn't pad his stats like other QB's in the same draft class...

4 hours ago, kdiggz said:

the final straw...

Josh Allen's draft entrance song will be - BON JOVI, Wanted Dead or Alive.  Plus Josh is a huge Patriots fan.  Seriously, F*** THIS GUY

You have officially made my favorite draft related post of the offseason.  Kudos sir, I literally LOL when I read your ending "Seriously, F*** THIS GUY" remark.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

Oh, I so hope we draft Josh Allen, Bills fans have some type of psycho grudge against him, it will be great, Josh Allen is probably the best QB in the entire draft, the only question is about when he'll be ready, probably not till year 2.

He's anything but the "best QB" at this point: he's a raw, unfinished product who has sky-high potential, but is still a serious project.  And I'm not hating on him, I totally get why people love him, I just think that's a poor choice of words.

3 hours ago, Koufax said:

My worries on Josh Allen are limited to if he will be able to make quick good decisions at NFL speed and accurately deliver the ball.  Those two Drew Brees/Tom Brady/Joe Montana skills come before everything else.  I have him behind Mayfield, Rosen, and Darnold on my big four list because of my doubts/concerns about those two things.  I have little substantial reason to think he will fall short on these things, but the other three have all shown more promising signs on these two aspects.

I don't have any real personality concerns about any of the four, I don't think there is a Leaf or Manziel red flag in this group. The long term success of these four will be determined by the two Joe Montana skills.  Completion Percentage is a big focus college stat to try to sum up these two skills, but it isn't that precise, and there is a difference in situations that leads to some guarded optimism for Allen.  But until he is our pick and I start rooting for him, I'm hoping he isn't our pick, because the unknowns are too great. 

I agree very much with this post.

while his Tweets were certainly racist, they smack more of a high school kid trying (in a misguided way) to be cool than of someone who is a true racist.  Now, of course there should be some quick background checks with teachers coaches and friends to see if they observed any more abysmal behavior.

Edited by OldTimer1960

3 hours ago, October 1918 said:

His tweets were removed from Twitter back in January. So someone (some team?) strategically save the tweets then revealed them less than 24 hours before the draft in order to try to hurt his draft stock. It was done strategically. Some team is hoping he falls so they can pick him. ...Seems like the sort of thing the Patriots might do!

I am going with agent.  Yesterday Allen or Mayfield at 1.  Same time Allen's story leaks on Twitter Mayfield post his "Farve" picture. 

4 hours ago, kdiggz said:

the final straw...

Josh Allen's draft entrance song will be - BON JOVI, Wanted Dead or Alive.  Plus Josh is a huge Patriots fan.  Seriously, F*** THIS GUY

i want to say it's a deal breaker, but you know what? maybe we could turn him from the dark side. he is so wildly inacurate, maybe he could "accidentally" hit brady, belicheat, or one of the officials on the payroll right in the ol' coinpurse! that alone would be worth a pick. especially at 80 mph!

4 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

I don't understand the hard on against him.  He's not from WNY and probably never considered being drafted by the Bills until a few weeks ago.  Kelly grew up in Western PA being a Steelers fan so we should have rejected him back in '83 because he was not a Bills fan?  Some people here concern me in terms of where their mind is at.  By the way all the Rosen talk by Beane at this point should concern Bills fans as far as Rosen being the objective.  Nobody states their objective in the open like that so it makes me wonder who the real target is.  

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

A trump- loving, racist, Bon Jovi fan is a great fit for the Bills. If they can find a tweet about him loving the Patriots and wanting to move the Bills to Toronto he will check all of the boxes.

Yeah, but you always hurt the one you LOVE...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Figster said:

Albeit Allens dump offs and bubble screens didn't pad his stats like other QB's in the same draft class...

Most Bills fans simply refuse to comprehend the reality of this.  Phil Simms was on the radio today saying the very same thing that guys like Mayfield, Rosen threw four times as many screens and under routes to pad their stats.

Allen was in a pro-style deep passing scheme that is not QB friendly with a bunch of noobs on his O line and receiver corps. He still managed to win bowl games and have a winning record. 

All the hate for this kid is ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, October 1918 said:

Allen is a physical freak of nature. Huge arm, quick release, etc. NFL coaches are always arrogant enough to think they can "fix" everyone who enters the league with some flaws. Some team wants this kid badly and is hoping he falls in the draft so they can grab him later in the first round. Hell, maybe it is us and our new GM is hoping he can engineer a fall to #12.

If true I support it 100%. I love the idea of of a cut throat GM. Even if Allen sucks.

5 hours ago, TXBILLSFAN said:

Seriously ?  Being a Pats fan shows he has some intelligence, who in their right mind would be a Bills fan unless they were born into it based on the last 20 years of ineptitude ?

Well could be from Texass and having ineptitude natural to you although I do not know anyone from Texass in right mind.