The Final Straw: We can't draft Josh Allen

KDIGGZ

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

tbomb.jpg

Why draft Josh Allen after passing on Patrick Mahomes last season?

Makes zero sense whatsoever. 

Mahomes was a better prospect, with better production and better accuracy. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

who knows. do you? I haven't a clue,  just posting the one of thousands of scenarios out there.

we'll know soon.

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

McDermott has said the most important attributes for a QB to have are accuracy and decision making, so I don't see how Josh Allen would even be on our draft board. 

Having the highest wonderlic score in the QB class disagrees...

• Like (+1) 1

His tweets were removed from Twitter back in January. So someone (some team?) strategically save the tweets then revealed them less than 24 hours before the draft in order to try to hurt his draft stock. It was done strategically. Some team is hoping he falls so they can pick him. ...Seems like the sort of thing the Patriots might do!

7 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Facts.

We are not taking Allen. I bet all my rep points on it. Quote me now.

45 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

Oh, I so hope we draft Josh Allen, Bills fans have some type of psycho grudge against him, it will be great, Josh Allen is probably the best QB in the entire draft, the only question is about when he'll be ready, probably not till year 2.

There's not one fan base that likes him. It's only the size queens in NFL front offices who like the kid.

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

Having the highest wonderlic score in the QB class disagrees...

I didn't realize that had anything to do with accuracy, decision making or the ability to throw with anticipation.

Unless he just got really smart a couple months ago, you'd think those things would have popped up on his college game tape. 

Just now, October 1918 said:

His tweets were removed from Twitter back in January. So someone (some team?) strategically save the tweets then revealed them less than 24 hours before the draft in order to try to hurt his draft stock. It was done strategically. Some team is hoping he falls so they can pick him. ...Seems like the sort of thing the Patriots might do!

Money's on the Cardinals lol

"Hey guys huddle up real quick. Let's leak some racist tweets from our future franchise QB so we can get him cheaper." The NFL is such a silly league lol

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Why draft Josh Allen and not even visit Lamar Jackson? They have pretty much the same warts. Pretty much the same strengths. Only Jackson is more explosive with the ball in his hands and is faster...and Allen has a bigger arm.

Just seems odd. Beane said some would be brought in as a smokescreen. I think Allen is one of those guys. Right now we are hearing Allen to Buffalo because...well "Bills". It's a move that this franchise would have done in the past. I think Beane is playing the talking heads a bit and if Darnold doesn't go 1 he will be here. Jmo

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

the final straw...

Josh Allen's draft entrance song will be - BON JOVI, Wanted Dead or Alive.  Plus Josh is a huge Patriots fan.  Seriously, F*** THIS GUY

Oh god... and honestly, I was a fan of Allen as a prospect for us to draft. This kills it for me.

9 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I didn't realize that had anything to do with accuracy, decision making or the ability to throw with anticipation.

Unless he just got really smart a couple months ago, you'd think those things would have popped up on his college game tape. 

High wonderlic score does suggest an ability to understand sophisticated O's and D's 

Add the ability to thread the needle from 40 yards away and we might be on to something in my humble opinion.

with all due respect sir

Allen will in all likelihood will be gone before Buffalo's selection so I wouldn't worry...

Edited by Figster

Allen is a physical freak of nature. Huge arm, quick release, etc. NFL coaches are always arrogant enough to think they can "fix" everyone who enters the league with some flaws. Some team wants this kid badly and is hoping he falls in the draft so they can grab him later in the first round. Hell, maybe it is us and our new GM is hoping he can engineer a fall to #12.

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

A trump- loving, racist, Bon Jovi fan is a great fit for the Bills. If they can find a tweet about him loving the Patriots and wanting to move the Bills to Toronto he will check all of the boxes.

The Patriots ones already exist.

He's a Brady homer.

• Sad 1