Thank You Draft Experts!!

Just wanted to say thank you to Gunner, p51, Blokes, Bandit, YOLO, 26CB , Reed83HOF and everyone else that I forgot that kept us informed this draft season. This board was full of great content and information. While we don’t all agree on the players and plan it has been so nice to be informed. 

As as crazy as it sounds this is one of the biggest few days in franchise history. This is the beginning of the next era. What the Bills do between this weekend through a year from now will ultimately establish the foundation of the next decade (hopefully). This is like the year that the Bills added Bruce. It was a sign of what was on the horizon. I know that I can’t wait!!

Thank you all again and enjoy these next few days!!

• Like (+1) 23
  • Thank you (+1) 10

It's been a strange process to this point. Every year, we've had that "Are we going to grab a QB?" discussion but it's all been so QB-centric this year that it's almost like most of the class has ceased to exist :D

While I've been slacking this year, it's been a really good year for insight on the board. I'll always give a shout-out to Gunner & Bandit for their continued application of context and nuance to the discussion. If I get a GM job somewhere, those guys are my first two hires!

I've really enjoyed having discussions with @JohnC about draft philosophy over the past few months. I've also enjoyed the back and forths I've had with @billspro as well.

I think @P51 gets my "Draft Thread of the Year" award for his positional rankings.  I have a lot of time for people that can extricate themselves from a groupthink mentality and back up why they think highly/lowly about a prospect. Even if he does class Lamar as QB/WR! ;)

I hope that I'm in the process of getting my **** together again and I'll be boring you with small school gems and special teamers again with the 2019 class.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've never looked forward to a draft as much as this one.

Tomorrow 88% of the fanbase will be ticked off.  Took the wrong QB guy, gave up too much, could have picked at 12, fill holes, fire Beane, move up farther, etc........

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

It's been a strange process to this point. Every year, we've had that "Are we going to grab a QB?" discussion but it's all been so QB-centric this year that it's almost like most of the class has ceased to exist :D

While I've been slacking this year, it's been a really good year for insight on the board. I'll always give a shout-out to Gunner & Bandit for their continued application of context and nuance to the discussion. If I get a GM job somewhere, those guys are my first two hires!

I've really enjoyed having discussions with @JohnC about draft philosophy over the past few months. I've also enjoyed the back and forths I've had with @billspro as well.

I think @P51 gets my "Draft Thread of the Year" award for his positional rankings.  I have a lot of time for people that can extricate themselves from a groupthink mentality and back up why they think highly/lowly about a prospect. Even if he does class Lamar as QB/WR! ;)

I hope that I'm in the process of getting my **** together again and I'll be boring you with small school gems and special teamers again with the 2019 class.

JohnC and Billspro are great additions!! Really solid posters

• Like (+1) 1

:( I contributed too you know...

But seriously, thanks to all the guys OP mentioned for everything they've provided. It's been a fun ride.

I mentioned it in another thread last night, but regardless of which QB we all personally want, it seems like it's a pretty safe bet that by the end of the night, Buffalo will have acquired its most physically talented QB that it's had in nearly 20 years. Even if it isn't the one we all personally want, we should all be very excited by the end of the night.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

:( I contributed too you know...

But seriously, thanks to all the guys OP mentioned for everything they've provided. It's been a fun ride.

I mentioned it in another thread last night, but regardless of which QB we all personally want, it seems like it's a pretty safe bet that by the end of the night, Buffalo will have acquired its most physically talented QB that it's had in nearly 20 years. Even if it isn't the one we all personally want, we should all be very excited by the end of the night.

You did indeed and cheers to you. :beer:

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

This is one of my favorite times of year and a big part of that is the discussions and information that gets shared here.

@Blokestradamus If you need someone to negotiate trades I am available.

Of course, I'd get a spreadsheet wizard on board. We're doing everything on Google Docs on my team!

That reminds me, a thank you needs to go to Hokie and @Virgil for their work keeping the TSW Mock Draft ship on course. It was a fun little exercise. I expect 7 rounds next year, you slackers!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

This is one of my favorite times of year and a big part of that is the discussions and information that gets shared here.

@Blokestradamus If you need someone to negotiate trades I am available.

Ditto.  It's been a lot of help for all of us who don't watch a lot of college ball.

I honestly can say without this board I would not know nearly as much about all the QB's in this years draft.

It's in Brandon Beane's hands now...............let's hope he does us proud.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Just wanted to say thank you to Gunner, p51, Blokes, Bandit, YOLO, 26CB , Reed83HOF and everyone else that I forgot that kept us informed this draft season. This board was full of great content and information. While we don’t all agree on the players and plan it has been so nice to be informed. 

As as crazy as it sounds this is one of the biggest few days in franchise history. This is the beginning of the next era. What the Bills do between this weekend through a year from now will ultimately establish the foundation of the next decade (hopefully). This is like the year that the Bills added Bruce. It was a sign of what was on the horizon. I know that I can’t wait!!

Thank you all again and enjoy these next few days!!

I'm not a draft expert but I at least like to be thanked.  At least say you like me for me and I'll have a better Thursday.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm not a draft expert but I at least like to be thanked.  At least say you like me for me and I'll have a better Thursday.

I’d like to thank you for offering nudes of your wife to a group of complete strangers on the internet. Not all heroes wear capes!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1