Thank You Draft Experts!!

When you cut through the endless repeat threads there is still a lot of excellent content on this board from extremely knowledgeable people. I try and learn from them all. 

I think the QB hunt has made this draft more stressful for a Bills fan than any other I remember. It has been a constant battle to try and stay objective and keep the nuance and context Blokes mentions above because when the Bills are involved as anyone who witnesses me in the gameday threads during the season will agree I am anything but impartial or even rational. 

It is kind of one of those "the work is done" scenarios now and like I suppose everyone else I am just waiting until the Browns go on the clock. 

Wait, I'm not on your list of awesome super duper draft prediction gurus?  Well after tonight, I'll be a solid starter for years to come with my "Browns ain't takin a QB No 1", prediction, and of course my trade up to two scenario..  ;)

But to the guys you did mention, hell yeah, I love reading their posts, even if I do end up disagreeing here and there.

Tim-

2 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

It's been a strange process to this point. Every year, we've had that "Are we going to grab a QB?" discussion but it's all been so QB-centric this year that it's almost like most of the class has ceased to exist :D

While I've been slacking this year, it's been a really good year for insight on the board. I'll always give a shout-out to Gunner & Bandit for their continued application of context and nuance to the discussion. If I get a GM job somewhere, those guys are my first two hires!

I've really enjoyed having discussions with @JohnC about draft philosophy over the past few months. I've also enjoyed the back and forths I've had with @billspro as well.

I think @P51 gets my "Draft Thread of the Year" award for his positional rankings.  I have a lot of time for people that can extricate themselves from a groupthink mentality and back up why they think highly/lowly about a prospect. Even if he does class Lamar as QB/WR! ;)

I hope that I'm in the process of getting my **** together again and I'll be boring you with small school gems and special teamers again with the 2019 class.

Bloke, You are terrific and your insights are not only sound but also clearly and concisely expressed. However, I want to give you a warning that a rumor has been circulating that bandito is on the war path because of some of your scathing commentary about Josh Allen, his adoptive boy. He, like you, is a fine fellow but he has a combative nature to him that doesn't allow harsh challenges to go unanswered. So this is a warning to be cautious and stay alert. :)

I'm going to let you in on an inside tip. The rumor about Mayfield being Cleveland's qb pick has some substance behind it. Scot McCloughan (sic) formerly the GM for the Redskins before being unceremoniously dumped for imbibing is working on a contractual basis for the Browns. His favorite qb for quite awhile is Mayfield. 

P.S. When your sh****t isn't together it is still together, relatively speaking. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Just wanted to say thank you to Gunner, p51, Blokes, Bandit, YOLO, 26CB , Reed83HOF and everyone else that I forgot that kept us informed this draft season. This board was full of great content and information. While we don’t all agree on the players and plan it has been so nice to be informed. 

As as crazy as it sounds this is one of the biggest few days in franchise history. This is the beginning of the next era. What the Bills do between this weekend through a year from now will ultimately establish the foundation of the next decade (hopefully). This is like the year that the Bills added Bruce. It was a sign of what was on the horizon. I know that I can’t wait!!

Thank you all again and enjoy these next few days!!

Hey @Kirby Jackson you forgot to include me in this list.  I know that you always read “Hits and Misses.”

But you are welcome.  It was great to keep so many Bills fans informed and sometimes entertained

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

JohnC and Billspro are great additions!! Really solid posters

I thought you had for perpetuity dispatched me to the pooped filled dog house for my views on Taylor. It's obvious that Jesuit educated people are forgivers. Or just maybe they are biding their time to unmercifully lash out when it is not expected?  :)

13 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Hey @Kirby Jackson you forgot to include me in this list.  I know that you always read “Hits and Misses.”

But you are welcome.  It was great to keep so many Bills fans informed and sometimes entertained

I didn’t want to forget anyone!! My apologies

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I thought you had for perpetuity dispatched me to the pooped filled dog house for my views on Taylor. It's obvious that Jesuit educated people are forgivers. Or just maybe they are biding their time to unmercifully lash out when it is not expected?  :)

We don’t always agree but you’re a good poster. C. Biscuit has always been like that to me too. We don’t necessarily see things through the same lens but think that the different viewpoints are well thought out. I love an opposite viewpoint if it is supported. The fact that you are a Canisius guy doesn’t hurt :D

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I didn’t want to forget anyone!! My apologies

We don’t always agree but you’re a good poster. C. Biscuit has always been like that to me too. We don’t necessarily see things through the same lens but think that the different viewpoints are well thought out. I love an opposite viewpoint if it is supported. The fact that you are a Canisius guy doesn’t hurt :D

Because of your kind words I'm going to give you an inside scoop on whom the Browns are going to take with their first pick. I let Blokes in on the scoop so you are not the first to be informed. Don't be surprised if the Browns take Mayfield with either their first pick. Scot McCloughan (sic) is scouting for them on a contractual basis. His favorite qb in this draft is Mayfield. He certainly doesn't have the authority to make the selection but he is the qb that he is promoting. 

In all seriousness, I’d like to echo the comments Kirby made.  We definitely don’t all agree with each other or even get along at times, but at the end of the day this is a very fun place to come and talk Bills football.

Thank you to the moderators here as wel, who do a great job of managing things here without being overbearing