If the Jets get Rosen tonight, Beane failed

T-Bomb

Just now, longtimebillsfan said:

Impressive.   You should share this with the Bills.  They need your guidance.  

Beane should already know this.  If he doesn't, then we're screwed as Bills fans...

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

The move the Jets made weeks ago could have been "the move" of this draft.  If Darnold doesn't go to the Browns, and Mayfield doesn't go to the Jets, the Bills are SOL.

Rosen is the ONLY answer to our QB problem of the last couple decades.

You like Rosen good for you !! 

And what will you say if he's still there at 12 and we decide to go with someone else ?? 

4 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Beane should already know this.  If he doesn't, then we're screwed as Bills fans...

If Rosen is the only answer for the Bills, wouldnt he also be the only answer for the Browns? What if the Browns take him #1? 

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I honestly hope that Rosen is the one the Jets end up with

And I'm OK with that viewpoint.

See, here's where I am.  I have my QB preferences.  I have Rosen first, Mayfield second, and after that I'd prefer we take one of the top guys from the 2nd tier - maybe Lauletta or Rudolph, maybe with a 2nd round trade-up.  YMMV.  I could totally see Mayfield-Rosen.

I recognize these are just my preferences, based upon what film I have available to me and scouting reports from people I respect.  I know I could be totally wrong about what QB have the most talent and are the safest bets, and someone else who weights factors differently could come up with a different answer.  I know that I don't know exactly how the Bills have each of these players valued after their interviews and testing and workouts and what deals were offered and/or rejected to trade up with other teams.

I totally don't get all the absolutism people throw around.  "We have to get this one player, or Beane Failed!" "We should have traded a lot to move up 9 slots, Beane failed because he didn't create a top-6 pick to offer for #3!"

Nuts.

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

0ap3000000928695.jpg&f=jpg&w=768&c=80

Now that would make me sick.  Whoever came up with that just thinks the Bills are totally impotent and irrelevant.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The main reason we could not trade up to the 3rd pick is because the Jets were only a few spots back and the Colts didn't want to trade down that far. I am 100% prepared for Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen to be the 1st three players drafted. If the Giants and Browns want to take a QB what is Beanie supposed to do to trade up?  

Our making the playoffs for no reason this year is what cost us a shot at the top 3 QB's.

I am thinking the same thing. Said it months ago...unless the Bills get into the top 4 they will not get a top 3 QB.  It is what it is.

11 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

If Rosen is the only answer for the Bills, wouldnt he also be the only answer for the Browns? What if the Browns take him #1? 

It's OK.  If the Browns take him at #1, there will be a KABOOM!  An Earthshattering KABOOM! emanating from the Browns QB facility no later than August.  The Bills can send a Disaster Response team down the NYS thruway to Cleveland, scrape the pieces of Haley and Hue Jackson's exploded crania off of Rosen's slightly battered but essentially intact form, hose him off, inject him with "Weak Sauce" antidote, drop off AJ McCarron and a "Get Well" card, and carry Josh back to Buffalo.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Now that would make me sick.  Whoever came up with that just thinks the Bills are totally impotent and irrelevant.

just showing the many, many scenarios, many. I'm in the dark and have no clue who they pick.

I know that I wont be whining and calling for beanes head if they don't pick rosen, who I'm not a big fan of anyway. I'd take mayfield before rosen.

2 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

I think the Jets want Rosen.  The #3 spot should have been the Bills', Beane whiffed.

And you know the Colts would have been good trading back to 12?  Or that we didn't make an offer?

This doesn't make sense to me.  That and Rosen being the only QB in this draft and not getting him dooms us for.....ever?

• Thank you (+1) 1

As a UCLA & Bills fan, I had high hopes for Rosen w/ the Bruins...only to be let down. It could have been UCLA's porous defense or the fact he always seemed injured, UCLA never reached their potential w/ him. He looks polished, but something about him doesn't scream winner. I don't want to have that same feeling about him w/ the Bills. So it wouldn't kill me if the Bills didn't select Rosen. 

1 hour ago, Mojo44 said:

In my work as a psychologist I deal with chronically angry people with persistent impulse control problems all the time. It is not unusual at all for them to be smiling and actually enjoy these behaviors. Now I’m not saying you fit that bill. I’m guessing you don’t. However the fact that you claim to be smiling and having fun doesn’t disprove in any way, shape or form that your approach on this thread is tantrum like. 

Whoaoa, Burn!

1 hour ago, Mojo44 said:

In my work as a psychologist I deal with chronically angry people with persistent impulse control problems all the time. It is not unusual at all for them to be smiling and actually enjoy these behaviors. Now I’m not saying you fit that bill. I’m guessing you don’t. However the fact that you claim to be smiling and having fun doesn’t disprove in any way, shape or form that your approach on this thread is tantrum like. 

Yeah, I dunno, I'm having fun...  More fun than actually watching Bills games!

Edited by T-Bomb