Browns Take Mayfield at #1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Get to #4 with capital this year and then get to #2.  Give the Giants next years #1 and they still get Barkley at #4.

That should work for all 3 teams, as has been discussed.  Giants staying pat at #2 and not picking a QB is a fireable offense.

1 minute ago, Mark92 said:

Would we trade everything for Mayfield if he the one left standing at 4?  

I can't see Mayfield getting past the Jets. 

The QB most likely to slide is Josh Allen (because he's terrible). 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

i think Jets want Rosen and Bills were trying to get ahead of them for him.  I think they like Mayfield's story but based on everything they have said about a franchise QB i don't think they would target someone his size

I don't think size matters to them.

As McDermott recently said, they covet accuracy. Hopefully that means we like Mayfield or Rosen because they're the two guys I want. 

If Mayfield goes #1, our draft is completely pooched. Will go #1 Mayfield, #2 Darnold, #3 Rosen, #4 Barkley, and we better not get trigger happy and trade up for crappy Josh Allen just to get somebody. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

I think the Baker instragram last night tipped the pick. If Schefter is reporting it, that’s where I believe. 

Darnold goes #2. Is he a Giant or is he a Bill?

He'll be a Giant.

The whole reason they haven't traded down yet is because they're waiting to see if he'll be available #2 overall. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

I don't think size matters to them.

As McDermott recently said, they covet accuracy. Hopefully that means we like Mayfield or Rosen because they're the two guys I want. 

If Mayfield goes #1, our draft is completely pooched. Will go #1 Mayfield, #2 Darnold, #3 Rosen, #4 Barkley, and we better not get trigger happy and trade up for crappy Josh Allen just to get somebody. 

That's what's clinging me to hope they won't take Allen.  It's his main issue and something Beane says a QB must have.

8 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen 1-2-3

This is exactly how I have them ranked, after that I would draft Luke Falk before Allen or Jackson. Falk's is obsessed with football and the film room, it wouldn't surprise me if Falk ends up being the best QB from this draft. The arm strength of Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield and Falk are close to the same. Falk has amazing accuracy, anticipation and ball placement.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

He'll be a Giant.

The whole reason they haven't traded down yet is because they're waiting to see if he'll be available #2 overall. 

.......... or the only guy the Bills are willing to go to #2 for is Darnold.

• Like (+1) 2

Some food for though for those who think NYG are taking a QB.

An offense with Beckham,Barkley,Engram ,Shepherd...add in Solder at LT. Then you throw in draft picks added in a trade for additional OL help. Pretty damn good with Eli pulling the trigger.

Flip side a rookie QB, no Barkley still need to draft a back, no additional picks, Eli has a big contract

Gettleman has drafted a RB very high before

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

Some food for though for those who think NYG are taking a QB.

An offense with Beckham,Barkley,Engram ,Shepherd...add in Solder at LT. Then you throw in draft picks added in a trade for additional OL help. Pretty damn good with Eli pulling the trigger.

Flip side a rookie QB, no Barkley still need to draft a back, no additional picks, Eli has a big contract

Gettleman has drafted a RB very high before

I think that they would rather have a stud running back for Eli to lean on, and they are spitting Darnold rumors to drive up a trade price. What was their last decent back? Rashad Jennings?

Edited by BillsEnthusiast
  • Like (+1) 1

First ... as  I've always said: Baker Mayfield, #1 overall ... for literally a month or more.

Second ... there is and has always been too much smoke around this choice. Baker is physically similar to the incumbent and plays, despite what you think, a remarkably similar game. The GM has said that this was the player he personally scouted five times before he was even named GM. Their team is most aligned with statistical analysis and Baker Mayfield isn't just the best QB statistically this year, he's among the best over the last 20 years. Finally, he has played protective ball his entire life and this is a team that just took on the most protective NFL QB.  

There's this: he's the second best QB in this draft and the Browns long ago took Josh Rosen off their board. 

Finally, the Buffalo Bills suddenly decided to go to the West Coast in mid-April to see Sam Darnold. The only thing that changes the mock board significantly is if Baker Mayfield goes #1. It changes the Jets from Mayfield to Rosen and leaves Darnold open to being taken at 4 or below - a price/value ratio that Beane can swallow. (People have said here that the Bills were rumored to have loved Darnold all along. Maybe - but they never were going to be in the market to get to #1 and probably, #2.)

10 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I think the Baker instragram last night tipped the pick. If Schefter is reporting it, that’s where I believe. 

Darnold goes #2. Is he a Giant or is he a Bill?

This one?