Browns Take Mayfield at #1

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

And his QB Rating was 86, good for 22nd in the NFL.

Manning is at the end of the line. They need a long term solution who can push for his job in case he plays poorly again. 

They can get an elite RB in round 2. 

Sure. 

But how many teams are building around RBs these days?

QB >>>> RB 

With guys like Tyrod Taylor, Kaepernick, and Tannehill ahead of him, keeping in mind Kaepernick was 1-10 as a starter that year.  Tells me all I need to know about Quarterback Rating.

I agree Manning maybe has two-three years left, but I just simply disagree that they are taking a QB at #2.   The good news is one of us will be correct.

5 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Don't buy it.  Sounds like they are still taking calls to move down again.  

everybody takes calls.. someone might offer them a Ricky Williams deal

1 hour ago, Mark92 said:

Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen 1-2-3

How anyone thought differently in the last month is beyond me.

We never had a chance at these 3.  The Colts weren't trading further back.  And Schurmur didn't take the job to coach a 38 year old Eli.  

We'll be taking Jackson or Rudolph somewhere between 6 and 12.  

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

No matter what the projections say, I find in very unusual and unlikely that Barkley, or any other RB for that matter will go in the top 5 (or 10 for that matter). This simply has not been the trend in recent years. Regardless of the way QB plays out, if the Giants do not trade out of #2, they will not be taking Barkley at 2. Chubb is a real possibility for them there, but they could get more draft capital and still get a day-1 starter by trading out. My prediction is that we will see Barkley fall out of the top 10, not one of the QBs.

We will see in just a few more hours!

Zeke Elliott says hello from the 4th spot

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

With guys like Tyrod Taylor, Kaepernick, and Tannehill ahead of him, keeping in mind Kaepernick was 1-10 as a starter that year.  Tells me all I need to know about Quarterback Rating.

I agree Manning maybe has two-three years left, but I just simply disagree that they are taking a QB at #2.   The good news is one of us will be correct.

I hope they take Barkley.

I just think that if we were in the Giants shoes, and Eli Manning was our QB and we had the #2 overall pick and picked Barkley people would riot in the streets knowing a QB is much more important. 

Just now, Big Blitz said:

How anyone thought differently in the last month is beyond me.

We never had a chance at these 3.  The Colts weren't trading further back.  And Schurmur didn't take the job to coach a 38 year old Eli.  

We'll be taking Jackson or Rudolph somewhere between 6 and 12.  

Which will mean the Bills' need a new front office.

Just now, jrober38 said:

I hope they take Barkley.

I just think that if we were in the Giants shoes, and Eli Manning was our QB and we had the #2 overall pick and picked Barkley people would riot in the streets knowing a QB is much more important. 

I think they will take Rudolph, if anything. 

2 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Zeke Elliott says hello from the 4th spot

After Goff, Wentz and Bosa, there were no more game-changers available in 2016. This year has many more impact players available for the top 10. That's all I am pointing out.

35 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Giants aren’t taking a QB at 2.  I think top 2 QB’s on Bills draft board are Rosen and Mayfield.  I don’t think Darnold and Allen are ready to play this year.  Getting rid of a Tyrod and signing McCarron points to Bills going after a QB who can play immediately.  

Rosen is the only day one projected starter. And I would actually prefer to have Mayfield out of the division and Darnold slipping to the jets. With his interception issues, the complete lack of offensive talent on the Jets side, and the presssure of the New York market to start him too quickly I could see him busting there, real easy, and setting the Jets back for another 5 years. Baker is the one QB I would not want to play against regularly. He gets the ball out too fast. If he develops, he will be hard to game play for; Darnold not so much.

Edited by MURPHD6