Is it fair to judge Josh Allen based on tweets?

Just now, MAJBobby said:
KZWS_MGC_normal.jpg mike freeman (@mikefreemanNFL)
Some of the things I'm hearing from around the league on racist Josh Allen tweets:
1. He was kid, give him a break.
2. He was more than old enough to know better.
3. Black player texted me saying he thinks Allen will initially have problem in locker room.

Racial issues are always sensitive and difficult.  It was a dopey comment and now Allen will have to go out of his way to show he is a decent fella, but bottom line is he was a kid and someone with ulterior motives is exploiting the situation.  It's unfortunate.  This is what you said about Sony Michel's bone on bone issue being brought up just now:  "Yeah night before the draft leaks start, sabatoging starts. Worst part of this process."  No doubt, there is a big difference between a health problem and unpleasant immaturity, but the underlying rationale for why it is out there remains the same.  The perpetrators of the initial act ought not to be rewarded and some commonsense forgiveness of youthful indiscretion (this means allowing for the likelihood that the fella isn't a closet Klan member) should be the default position.  

Just now, Dr. Who said:

Racial issues are always sensitive and difficult.  It was a dopey comment and now Allen will have to go out of his way to show he is a decent fella, but bottom line is he was a kid and someone with ulterior motives is exploiting the situation.  It's unfortunate.  This is what you said about Sony Michel's bone on bone issue being brought up just now:  "Yeah night before the draft leaks start, sabatoging starts. Worst part of this process."  No doubt, there is a big difference between a health problem and unpleasant immaturity, but the underlying rationale for why it is out there remains the same.  The perpetrators of the initial act ought not to be rewarded and some commonsense forgiveness of youthful indiscretion (this means allowing for the likelihood that the fella isn't a closet Klan member) should be the default position.  

Agree shouldnt matter. Just like the 9 month assassination of Rosen over his kid statements, the hot tub and the hat. But that is the bad part of this process 

• Like (+1) 1

Life isn't fair.

"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." 

My eyes are open now. It's not my position to be the judge. You make a bunch of dumb tweets you suffer the consequences. You reap what you sow. 

Calm down it's not the end of the world. He will still be drafted and bust just like before the tweets got exposed. 

Edited by Lfod

Is it fair to Allen?  No.  There is too much we don''t know about the circumstances.  Was it quoting a song as some have said, or is there another explanation than he's racist?  Without some research and corroboration, it's impossible to know what's going on.  However, the NFL Draft ourt of law and is not bound by the principle of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.  GMs should and will make their decisions by weighing everything.  They will consider the risk of taking a player who may or may not have a problem with a racist attitude based on the information they have at the time they have to make the decision.

Edited by TigerJ

47 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

It is not fair.

It would be fair if they reviewed and posted the social media posts of ALL draft candidates when they were children.

The we could judge how bad his were in comparison to all the other jock kids ones.

Agreed, but it was done for a reason - so obviously it means something in the NFL view.

To me it means less than the arrest of Mayfield and many other personal issues, but because of the timing this will seem much worse.

It is just like how unfair it is to complain about Rosen and his concussions, but Mayfield who had multiple concussions gets a pass and Allen gets a pass on his injuries.

There is enough of an issue that I think it makes it difficult on the kid coming in to a locker room, but has no impact on his play or where he should be drafted, but it becomes one more obvious red flag for front offices.

My guess is this is not a surprise to the different GMs that doing their homework have already seen and questioned these, but once it is out in the open - now it becomes a locker room and media issue that you have to answer to.

It's absolutely fair. 

He is top tier prospect about to make Millions with a professional agent. None of the clowns thought it was a good idea to review his old posts and see if there is anything that should be cleaned up. That's so stupid I can't get around it. I suspect he hired uncle Billy to be his agent because to me that's grounds to fire my representation. 

Also he's a dumbass for not only saying it but not thinking it was still a problem a few years later.

Never mind that if we draft him the fanbase is already ready to hate him. His teammates are 75% black.  He is too stupid to draft

Sorry

Edited by blitzboy54

"I love to kiss titties" boosted Mitch Trubisky's stock last year.

3 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

It's absolutely fair. 

He is top tier prospect about to make Millions with a professional agent. None of the clowns thought it was a good idea to review his old posts and see if there is anything that should be cleaned up. That's so stupid I can't get around it. I suspect he hired uncle Billy to be his agent because to me that's grounds to fire my representation. 

Also he's a dumbass for not only saying it but not thinking it was still a problem a few years later.

Never mind that if we draft him the fanbase is already ready to hate him. His teammates are 75% black.  He is too stupid to draft

Sorry

Actually, from what's been reported, he deleted his account months ago and none of these tweets were flagged.  Someone just released them.

5 minutes ago, stony said:

Actually, from what's been reported, he deleted his account months ago and none of these tweets were flagged.  Someone just released them.

I have heard different things on that. But if what you are saying is closer to the truth then it's a bit better.  Still going to be tough for the kid.  I haven't wanted him for a while. This certainly doesn't help

5 hours ago, horned dogs said:

Yes unless he was hacked!

Regardless, going to be a tough hit to take at this point in time.

Try selling that stuff and the fact he's a big project to Ownership, Fanbase.....let alone the TEAM! He drops IMO.

No, he was 15. Every single one of us should have something stupid we said at the age of 15 put out socially and see if it reflects upon us as the people we are now. Really, come off it.

Ah yes, good old "he was young and we all did stupid things as kids" excuse 

Of course it will be a big deal cause he is about to be put into the spotlights a high draft pick into the NFL. With fame comes people digging into your past to bring you down. Hopefully he has grown and realised it was a dumb comment to make and learns from it that it doesn't matter if you delete it, things posted on line can always be found.

Its possible that an NFL team leaked it, but chances are it was some good old internet trolls releasing it to do some damage like usual...

8 minutes ago, akm0404 said:

Of course it is fair. Everyone has a record of their past deeds in some form or another. 

It would be, on the other hand, foolish to overreact to stupid stuff said by a stupid kid. Trust but verify. 

I agree, it's fair cause he said it publically.

Its foolish to automatically toss him away because of it without knowing if he has matured and grown since then.

9 minutes ago, Mij yllek said:

his tweets are unforgivable...he should drop to 22 because of them.

Why? So the Giants, Browns, Broncos or whomever the Bill's trade up to can get a steal later on?

So, i havent seen what he put on social media, but im guessing it's

something causing the left to scream at the sky while yanking out their

hair, so he needs to be destroyed?

or did he say something negative about trump and is being adored and revered

by the left?

Just now, Albwan said:

So, i havent seen what he put on social media, but im guessing it's

something causing the left to scream at the sky while yanking out their

hair, so he needs to be destroyed?

or did he say something negative about trump and is being adored and revered

by the left?

See, you don't even have to watch the news to know what the news will be!

WTH kind of question is this? In all seriousness? We're not supposed to develop an opinion about someone based on what he says? I guess in the Trumpian era, we're used to this idea that social media is a place where people are just joking or trying ideas on or we're not understanding them properly but if my 16 year dropped that I'd go nuclear because that's not how mine are raised. So yes, if he thinks that a) saying this crap is acceptable and b) is willing to make those statements publicly, then that's how is going to be judged. I am not saying he can't grow up and mature, I'm saying at the time of those tweets, he was surely confident enough to put that out there and that's worthy of some consternation because here's the bottom line IT IS NOT NORMAL NOR ACCEPTABLE SO LET"S NOT MINIMIZE IT.