Is it fair to judge Josh Allen based on tweets?

I think that although it is unfortunate, today's world of social media makes it necessary for us to judge people quickly.  Context is important but Allen has literally had 8 or more hours to provide it.  It is now time to judge.

I think it is right to be fair and as such my judgement will be based on what I see from teams in the NFL.

If he goes to Cleveland, Denver, NYG or a team like Arizona moving up I think we should take a wait and see attitude and at least give him until he speaks to the press after his selection.  I think that 3 minutes, although nerve wracking for all of us, is fair to give him.

If a team stays put and he is selected at pick 13 or after this is a giant red flag and that team will have to put a lot of effort into rehabbing this kid's reputation.

If the Bills pick him at 12 or move up to get him, he was either hacked or at least we feel that our process will help him immediately.  If we wait and get him at 22 or later, he would fall into the category from the paragraph above.

If he is selected by NYJ, Mia or NE he is clearly a racist nazi pedophile now and forever unless we pick him up as a free agent in a few years.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, horned dogs said:

Yes unless he was hacked!

Regardless, going to be a tough hit to take at this point in time.

Try selling that stuff and the fact he's a big project to Ownership, Fanbase.....let alone the TEAM! He drops IMO.

Do you think it is possible that a team leaked this stuff and that the same team will take him when he falls?  Do you think Miami would do it again after they did it to Tunsil?

Yes it is. But keep in mind those tweets are from a 16 year old. 

He will have some explaining to do in the locker room. I don’t know how some of his teammates will react to those tweets

At at this point I don’t think we will trade up for him. But if he drops to us at 12 and we did t trade up for Rosen or Mayfield then we have to draft him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I think that although it is unfortunate, today's world of social media makes it necessary for us to judge people quickly.  Context is important but Allen has literally had 8 or more hours to provide it.  It is now time to judge.

I think it is right to be fair and as such my judgement will be based on what I see from teams in the NFL.

If he goes to Cleveland, Denver, NYG or a team like Arizona moving up I think we should take a wait and see attitude and at least give him until he speaks to the press after his selection.  I think that 3 minutes, although nerve wracking for all of us, is fair to give him.

If a team stays put and he is selected at pick 13 or after this is a giant red flag and that team will have to put a lot of effort into rehabbing this kid's reputation.

If the Bills pick him at 12 or move up to get him, he was either hacked or at least we feel that our process will help him immediately.  If we wait and get him at 22 or later, he would fall into the category from the paragraph above.

He wasn't hacked, but I think it's worth bearing in mind that these tweets are from 5 years back (2013), when he was what? a Sr in HS?

I personally think people are allowed to grow, change, and mature, including HS boys.

I would actually be shocked if the NFL teams don't already know about these tweets.  My understanding is they hire "media scouts" or firms specifically to dredge into and monitor these kids social media accounts stretching back into HS.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

Yes it is. But keep in mind those tweets are from a 16 year old. 

He will have some explaining to do in the locker room. I don’t know how some of his teammates will react to those tweets

At at this point I don’t think we will trade up for him. But if he drops to us at 12 and we did t trade up for Rosen or Mayfield then we have to draft him. 

No it isn't.

Tweets by a high school kid are just that......................As far as the Locker Room............he has already been in one for the past six years !!

Where are the teammates questioning how Allen acts towards them or what he says ?............................There aren't any.

Biggest non-story on the board.

Edited by B-Man

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Do you think it is possible that a team leaked this stuff and that the same team will take him when he falls?  Do you think Miami would do it again after they did it to Tunsil?

I 100% think it's a team that wants him to fall and is hoping teams above them don't do as deep media scouting as they do, or are more swayed by public perception.

13 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Is it fair to make another thread because you feel your take is so important you wouldn't want it to get lost in the other threads already about this topic?

It's a LAMP, lots of those going around lately..

The kid is a hayseed from rural America.  If it weren't for Leighton Vander Doodle this kid would be Rube Baker.  Still racist nazi pedophiles have no excuses and if NYJ Mia or NE takes him he is a racist nazi pedophile.  I think if we take him it shows he is just another Vander Doodle.