Jags' owner buying Wembley Stadium

The Jags Owner is the owner of the Fulham Football Club, whose stadium is just a few miles south of Wembley. The sale probably has as much to do with that as it does the Jaguars.

Tottenham has played at a borrowed Wembley while their new stadium has been under construction about 10 miles to the east.

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Jags Owner is the owner of the Fulham Football Club, whose stadium is just a few miles south of Wembley. The sale probably has as much to do with that as it does the Jaguars.

Tottenham has played at a borrowed Wembley while their new stadium has been under construction about 10 miles to the east.

There are only a handful of clubs that would fill Wembley on a weekly basis.  Fulham is not one.  I can't see them moving there.  

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I agree, but the same can easily be said for the Jaguars in Jacksonville!! ?

Ha, very true.  

I'm a big EPL fan and can't see a use that doesn't involve more football (American) at some point in the future.   Interesting for sure.  

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Maybe just for a few games? 

I mean, it's possible.  Fulham has one of those classic urban English stadiums that probably can hold a max of 30,000.  

Shad might want to sell more tickets, so who knows.  I'd expect some push back from the teams supporters if this was the case.  I don;t know if this is a perfect analogy, but it would kinda be like losing a few games to Toronto every year. 

Just now, stony said:

I mean, it's possible.  Fulham has one of those classic urban English stadiums that probably can hold a max of 30,000.  

Shad might want to sell more tickets, so who knows.  I'd expect some push back from the teams supporters if this was the case.  I don;t know if this is a perfect analogy, but it would kinda be like losing a few games to Toronto every year. 

Yea that stadium is big and beautiful in wembley. I was there for the bills game. I know how those English soccer fans have pockets all over England 

22 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

No NFL team is moving to London.

If you read Peter Kings MMQB he has hinted the NFL has seriously considered expanding or adding there. The market is insanely rich with potential and fans already and I believe he said within ten years he thinks a team will be there. The biggest issue is travel and training and they have talked that for away games they would possibly setup a quasi home base in the US on the east coast to train at so they didn't have to keep going back and forth. The other issue is money for players because of the taxes in the UK and that would put them at a bit of a disadvantage.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

This news has not gone down all that well over here as you might imagine..... selling our national stadium off to a foreign investor. But yep, it is another step towards the London Jags. 

The FA are seriously a joke if they sell.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

No way Fulham fans fill Wembley, it's a massive stadium.

7 minutes ago, KRT88 said:

Maybe he wants to move his Fulham FC to Wembley????

Not sure why 

It's a 90,000 seat stadium... I just don't see that happening. They are currently in the Championship League, possibly getting promoted, but they would have the largest stadium in the Premiership if Fulham FC moved in. They would never fill it, imo, Fulham is a smallish club.