Jags' owner buying Wembley Stadium

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

This news has not gone down all that well over here as you might imagine..... selling our national stadium off to a foreign investor. But yep, it is another step towards the London Jags. 

I never thought about it before, but kind of assumed it was a public stadium.

But if they're going to let Russia billionaires buy Premiership teams, this shouldn't be too hard to swallow.

Peronally, I can't wait for the London Jags.   6am kickoff baby!!   

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Which is what Ralph said....hence the not faulty comparison.

The other poster said his comments indicated he was moving the team; they indicate that he is not moving the team. 

Still a faulty comparison. The Toronto series was a failure. It was cancelled.

In case you haven't noticed, the Bills no longer play any games there. There are ZERO NFL games being played there.

I have no doubt if the series was successful, the Bills would have shifted to playing more home games there.

In regards to London, the series has been successful for the NFL.

For the Jaguars, the series has been so successful, the owner bought a stadium to "protect the Jaguars' position in London".

Khan 's comments indicate nothing, other than he is staking a bigger claim in London.

As I said before, he could move the team to London, play 7 home games there, and play 1 home game in Jacksonville.

1 home game a year is still a "stable and promising" future when compared to no games in Jacksonville.

51 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The sun is starting to set on the British Empire! 

Sure seems that way... On the bright side, there's more incentive for Londoner's to travel to Florida during the colder, wetter, times of year.

14 minutes ago, Cynical said:

Still a faulty comparison. The Toronto series was a failure. It was cancelled.

In case you haven't noticed, the Bills no longer play any games there. There are ZERO NFL games being played there.

I have no doubt if the series was successful, the Bills would have shifted to playing more home games there.

In regards to London, the series has been successful for the NFL.

For the Jaguars, the series has been so successful, the owner bought a stadium to "protect the Jaguars' position in London".

Khan 's comments indicate nothing, other than he is staking a bigger claim in London.

As I said before, he could move the team to London, play 7 home games there, and play 1 home game in Jacksonville.

1 home game a year is still a "stable and promising" future when compared to no games in Jacksonville.

It was a series that an owner moved home games annually to another country in order to, as he said, help his franchise financially (and remain in Buffalo, by inference).  It's a very good comparison.  The fact that the games were a flop in Toronto has nothing to do with this discussion.  Ralph would have kept the deal going anyway--just as Kahn would as well if Wembley was only half full.

9 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

It's a 90,000 seat stadium... I just don't see that happening. They are currently in the Championship League, possibly getting promoted, but they would have the largest stadium in the Premiership if Fulham FC moved in. They would never fill it, imo, Fulham is a smallish club.

I know all of that but it’s a theory!!