Just reported on NFL network moving the chains, Browns willing to deal 4th pick - Schefter Reporting the Same

2 hours ago, racketmaster said:

We only go to 4 if it means we can get to #2. And Darnold must be available at #2. Darnold is the cleanest of the prospects and a fit for this regime. I think it would be a mistake to give up significant capital for Allen, Rosen or Mayfield. I don't see a huge gap between those 3 and Rudolph. To me, Darnold's floor is Tony Romo and that is good enough. His ceiling might not be much higher but barring injury, this kid should at least be pretty good. The other 3 all have significant risk and I would much rather keep the draft capital and hope one of them falls to 12. If not Rudolph is a solid backup plan with all your picks in hand. 

Rudolph sucks man. 

I wouldn't even waste a mid round pick on him. 

Edited by Klaista2k

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Just reported on NFL network moving the chains, Browns willing to deal 4th pick - Schefter Reporting the Same
1 hour ago, cle23 said:

No way. 12, 22, and 53 is minimum.  I'd take 12, 22, and next year's 1st.

Ha ha, did the draft value charts not arrive in Cleveland? If you read Darlington’s interview with Beane he can get in the top 5 without next year’s assets. The Bills aren’t desperate (even though you guys want them to be). 12, 22 and maybe 65 for 4 & 114. That’s the equivalent of the Bills paying a mid 2nd rounder over what the chart says. The Broncos would jump at that offer at 5 (and it would be 96 at that point instead of 65). The Bills will get the same guy at 5 as at 4. The Browns can take Chubb or 12, 22 & 65 (while giving up 114). That’s the decision that they have to make but they have no leverage otherwise. The Cardinals, Dolphins, etc... can’t/won’t match that offer. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

I don't want Rosen, but now I don't want him less.   :lol:'

All in for any QB they choose.  I was nervous about this a week ago, but the calming realization (albeit belated) that it is utterly out of my hands has left me sanguine.

That's all you can do the night before the draft. Trust the process man. Be ready to be excited, or pissed off but I think this year we will all be pretty excited.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I have a bad feeling the first 3 picks of the draft will be....

1-Browns: Mayfield

2-Giants: Darnold

3-Jets: Rosen

I may turn the draft off if that happens.

If that happens I am staying at 12.

Get Allen or Jackson there

or

Roquan. Trade out of 22 and try to pick up a 3rd and 2019 1st. Take a QB (Rudolph or Faulk or Lauletta) with one of those 2nds or 3rds. Load the rest of your roster to the vets of your ability.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

It was bothering me because the picture you showed reminded me of someone that I recognized from an old TV show. Later on I came to the conclusion that it was Harvey Korman from the Carol Burnett Show. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=carol+burnett+show+cast&rlz=1C1AYBJ_enUS769US769&oq=Carol+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i61j69i57j0l3.6059j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Please tell me that you're under 30 yrs old

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, did the draft value charts not arrive in Cleveland? If you read Darlington’s interview with Beane he can get in the top 5 without next year’s assets. The Bills aren’t desperate (even though you guys want them to be). 12, 22 and maybe 65 for 4 & 114. That’s the equivalent of the Bills paying a mid 2nd rounder over what the chart says. The Broncos would jump at that offer at 5 (and it would be 96 at that point instead of 65). The Bills will get the same guy at 5 as at 4. The Browns can take Chubb or 12, 22 & 65 (while giving up 114). That’s the decision that they have to make but they have no leverage otherwise. The Cardinals, Dolphins, etc... can’t/won’t match that offer. 

Beane said he felt he could. And I'm saying that's what it would take for me to make the trade. It'll all depend on the Giants. They hold the key to trade values.